Old 13-06-2003, 02:32 AM
fastfwd

Default Best Weed Eaters

My dad is looking for a new weed eater. He's got about 10 acres that he
keeps cut so something that's pretty good quality. A google search turned
up Shindaiwa as a recommendation. Is that one of the best? Are they way
too expensive compared to other brands? Any brands/models that are best
bang for the buck? Thanks!

--
A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies

Old 13-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Timothy

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:20:13 -0500, fastfwd wrote:

My dad is looking for a new weed eater. He's got about 10 acres that he
keeps cut so something that's pretty good quality. A google search turned
up Shindaiwa as a recommendation. Is that one of the best? Are they way
too expensive compared to other brands? Any brands/models that are best
bang for the buck? Thanks!

Shindaiwa's sell for about 350 to 500 around here. For a home owner it
should last at least a life time. They are very good quality but spendy.
Depending on your price range, you may want to look at the echo string
trimmers (175 to 350) which are lower end professional trimmers. These
should last a good long time. If that's still too rich for your blood,
take a look at the ryobi 725r. I bought one as a throw away for 100
dollars. It's lasted 3 years now and it get's an average of 400 hours a
year. I don't use it as a string trimmer though, I mostly use the
attachments (edger, hedger and pole saw).

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com
Bellingham, Washington