Old 15-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Chipmunks

Thanks for the update. Don't you think it's a little strange that all
you nature lovers never even bothered to ask the OP why he wanted to
get rid of the chipmunks in the first place. Like exactly what his
problem was?

For example, maybe he has a bird feeder that attracts them, which he
could simply remove. And if your a nature lover, then why endorse a
post that resorts to "chemical weapons" and poisioning, which you find
humorous, as a first choice when you don't even ask the extent or
exact nature of the problem. Ever hear of a Havaheart trap so that he
could simply relocate them?

Very strange for someone that claims to be a nature lover.

"D H" wrote in message ...
"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
"You don't seem to know the difference between "playing GI Joe" and
protecting your yard and home. "

Yes I know the difference. The original poster used the terms warfare
and chemical weapons, not me. He was clearly enjoying making a war
game out of his animal problems. Many people rush to exterminate
everything in site at the first excuse, even if there is no clear
need. And I think anyone with this posters way of expressing
himself is headed in that direction.

He is not "many people" and you have no clue as to what direction he is
headed. All you know is that he can use those terms lightly, but without
knowing him personally, you have no point of reference to determine anything
other than that he likes to talk that way for the sake of humor. Nothing
wrong with his choice of words at all, IMO.

" They do NOT make only small holes. They
can make a hole large enough to get hurt stepping into it. "

I have lots of chipmunks in an acre of property. I have yet to see
anything larger than a clean hole about an inch and a quarter in
diameter.

And your experience applies to us all, of course. We haven't a clue what
we see in our own yards.

"I love nature every bit as much as you do (maybe more?) but I
know how to manage balance and it does NOT include giving over MY home

pests. "

With all due respect, you have no way of knowing how much I or anyone
else love nature.

No, I don't know how much you love nature; I do know how much I do, and
you will not surpass that. Period.
I love it with a recognition of who made it for mankind to enjoy and
live with responsibly. That does not include worship of nature, which is the
height of foolishness and a denial of the Creator. I could say you tend
toward this end of the spectrum just as you judged the other fellows motives
based on his choice of words, however, I have no way of knowing for sure
that is the case, so I won't jump to that conclusion without further
confirmation of it from you.

If you do love nature, then why go out of your way
to defend a poster who describes his wildlife management practices in
terms of warfare and chemical weapons?

As I said before, I see nothing wrong with his expressions, since I take
them as I think he meant them; humorously. Don't bother wasting your time
with any lectures about the inappropriateness of mixing warfare and humor,
either. It will only prove you have unresolved issues in that area, and I
haven't the inclination to help you work them out.
Oh by the way, I guess you've heard of a "killfile?" I suppose that is
proof of my desire to murder? Sorry but it's not. It only means goodbye.

Old 15-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Chas Hurst

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...

.. Ever hear of a Havaheart trap so that he
could simply relocate them?

I have tried the Havaheart trap. I now use the Givashit .22.
And it works on different varmints without the need of bait.

Chas Hurst

Old 16-07-2003, 01:03 AM
Iskandar

Chas Hurst wrote:

I have tried the Havaheart trap. I now use the Givashit .22.
And it works on different varmints without the need of bait.

..177 works just as well!
Old 23-07-2003, 05:22 AM
GARY

Where I reside, if something's bothering you (such as a chipmunk), you
get the 12 guage and blast him.

Gary

Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Registered User

Location: New Hampshire, USA

I once thought chipmunks were just about the cutest little creatures in the world. NO MORE!!

What damage do they do, you ask? Besides destroying my perennial gardens, they now have constructed a very large burrow underneath my asphalt driveway, which has caused two very large sinkholes. THE DRIVEWAY IS COLLAPSING.

Any suggestions for this? Like some of the others here, I am prepared to fight all-out guerilla warfare against these "cute" little monsters!!! Also, they are burrowing underneath the foundation of my house, and I am now waiting to wake up one morning to find my kitchen collapsed underground!

Chipmunks or moles? Duane Morin Gardening 6 03-10-2003 05:12 PM
defense against squirrels and chipmunks seepnezorf1 Gardening 5 22-09-2003 01:14 AM
What to do about voracious chipmunks? Georgia Gardening 23 08-08-2003 07:03 PM
chipmunks swim Bonnie Espenshade Ponds 0 12-05-2003 01:08 PM
*#^!$%& Chipmunks ate liner last winter Roger Bennett Ponds 9 22-04-2003 01:44 AM