Old 13-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Larry

Default violets in lawn

I have violets taking over my lawn. Any thoughts on how to stop them would
be appreciated.
Larry

Old 13-07-2003, 01:56 PM

Larry wrote:
I have violets taking over my lawn. Any thoughts on how to stop them
would be appreciated.
Larry

Wild violets are -really- hard to control, I've seen them come
back after using roundup. You can try a more selective control
and use repeat applications, 7 to 10 days apart.

Here's a link to one of the better retail herbicides for the
hard to kill variety's.

http://tinyurl.com/gsg6

Good luck.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 14-07-2003, 12:06 AM
Peter H

wrote in message
Larry wrote:
I have violets taking over my lawn. Any thoughts on how to stop them
would be appreciated.
Larry

Wild violets are -really- hard to control, I've seen them come
back after using roundup. You can try a more selective control
and use repeat applications, 7 to 10 days apart.

Here's a link to one of the better retail herbicides for the
hard to kill variety's.

http://tinyurl.com/gsg6

Good luck.

I second this. I've had very little luck w/ herbicides on field violets. I'd
hire the kids to dig 'em out.

Peter H

Old 14-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Bill Freeman

Easier on the ground worms and baby birds to just dig the violets
out or crowd them out with new grass seed/sod. Herbicides will prevent your
using grass clippings in your compost .. .

"Peter H" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

lawn with violets Larry Gardening 15 28-07-2003 08:02 PM
African violets cc0058529 Gardening 3 24-03-2003 10:08 PM
multiple african violets in the same pot???? Ted Byers Gardening 3 09-03-2003 07:57 PM
best way to water African Violets Iris Cohen Gardening 5 06-03-2003 05:39 AM