Old 14-07-2003, 07:36 PM
anil chada

Default New sprinker system for lawn -- need advice

Hi --

I am redoing my lawn and i wasn't planning on putting sprinkler system
for my lawn. While talking to my friend, he mentioned that, if i don't
want to spend lot of money on sprinkler system, i can put one
sprinkler on the back side in the center of the lawn, which covers
most of my lawn.He mentioned that, it costs significantly less than
the normal sprinkler system installation.

After talking to him, i started thinking about it..
If i can put one sprinkler to cover the back side of my lawn (with
little money), i can do the front side (which is not too big) by
myself, and it will reduce my work significantly. Back side of my
house is like a rectangle (65 X 70) and i live in cleveland OH.

Just wanted get some opinion on this..
are there any pros and cons for this system and any body know how much
it costs..

Thanks for your time
Anil
Old 15-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Chet Hayes

I agree with that advice. You could save some money by just doing the
front or the back, but your not going to save much by not doing it
right, which just involves a few more sprinkler heads and pipe. I had
a 10000 sq ft system, 7 zones, put in a few years ago for around
$2300.

wrote in message ...
(anil chada) wrote:
[...]

Hi Anil, if you're gonna bother putting in a partial system,
you might as well do it all. The material is the cheap part.

The only thing that is a bit of a challenge is going under
the driveway and sidewalk(s). You can rent a vibra machine
that has the long spud drill power takeoff on the front, to
get under obstructions. It also doesn't tear up the turf real
bad. It pulls the plastic pipe with a chinese finger, while
it vibrates and slices the soil.

If you only do part, you'll be going back to do the rest.

Old 16-07-2003, 02:22 PM
anil chada

wrote in message ...
(anil chada) wrote:
[...]

Thanks to both of you for the advice.
I will try to get an estimate this weekend and see how much it costs to do it.

Anil
Old 16-07-2003, 11:52 PM

(anil chada) wrote:
. com...

wrote in message
(anil chada) wrote:
[...]

You can do it yourself if you're at all handy. Use the estimate
to find out how many heads, and how much pipe you need.

Good luck.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 17-07-2003, 04:42 PM
anil chada

wrote in message ...
(anil chada) wrote:
. com...

wrote in message
(anil chada) wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the post..

I will update the thread once i get the estimate. The guy is coming this friday.

Thanks
Anil

Old 25-07-2003, 09:43 AM
anil chada

(anil chada) wrote in message . com...
wrote in message ...
(anil chada) wrote:
. com...

wrote in message
(anil chada) wrote:
[...]

Guys --

Because of the season, looks like these guys are busy..
Atlast he gave me rough estimate over the phone (Around $2000) for
complete lawn.
I am meeting him this weekend to get more details (number of heads
etc..)

Since you guys are already done this stuff, just wanted check whether
i need to ask any speficic questions, such as type heads or type of
material etc..

I don't have enough knowledge to measure whether i getting proper
sprinkler system.
Any body has any wisdom words for me?
I just want to make sure, i ask him the right questions!!

Thanks for your time and help
Anil