Old 15-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Charles Wagner

Default can anyone help?

Every year I get a swath of this unpleasant weed across my lawn. In the
past I've picked it out, but it keeps coming back. Does anyone know what
it is and how to get rid of it?

http://www.charliewagner.net/Dscn0033.jpg
http://www.charliewagner.net/Dscn0034.jpg
--
Regards, Charlie Wagner
http://www.charliewagner.com

Old 15-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Ermalina

Charles Wagner wrote:

Every year I get a swath of this unpleasant weed across my lawn. In the
past I've picked it out, but it keeps coming back. Does anyone know what
it is and how to get rid of it?

http://www.charliewagner.net/Dscn0033.jpg
http://www.charliewagner.net/Dscn0034.jpg
--
Regards, Charlie Wagner
http://www.charliewagner.com

Looks like crabgrass to me.

Checkout the following and click on the "crabgrass, common" link:

http://www.gardencountry.com/pages/weeds/weedchart.html
Old 15-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Die Spammer !!!

Looks like crabgrass to me.

Checkout the following and click on the "crabgrass, common" link:

http://www.gardencountry.com/pages/weeds/weedchart.html

yep, crab grass or quack grass. I just sprayed my whole lawn for that. Your
local nursery or lawn care store should have an answer for your broadleaf
grass

Old 19-07-2003, 02:02 AM
netscape fan

Charles Wagner wrote:

Every year I get a swath of this unpleasant weed across my lawn. In the
past I've picked it out, but it keeps coming back. Does anyone know what
it is and how to get rid of it?

http://www.charliewagner.net/Dscn0033.jpg
http://www.charliewagner.net/Dscn0034.jpg

Nutsedge

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/4000/4010.html

Old 19-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Chet Hayes

I agree that it looks like one of the nutsedges, though weed
indentification by photo is difficult. Nutsedge emerges with high
temperatures and wet soil, and is most noticeable a few days after
mowing, when it shoots above the grass. It has a lighter, more yellow
color than grass. If that's what it is, Basagran or Manage are
effective for killing it in turf.