Old 30-07-2003, 08:34 PM
GSX

Default Crabgrass Attack!

I live in Northeast Connecticut. It seems that everywhere I look, lawns are
being overtaken by a bright green weed that's spreading like wildfire. I
found some patches that were not mowed and the tips look exactly like
crabgrass to me, going by my lawn care book. I sprayed some Ortho crabgrass
killer on some spots yesterday, and they appear to be dying off already.

First...If this is indeed crabgrass, the little spray bottle of Ortho isn't
going to cut it! Does anybody know of crabgrass killer that I can use to
cover large areas? Either a DIY solution or a company that performs a
treatment.

Second...does using a mulching mower promote the spread of the weed? Is it
better to bag my grass until this weed is eradicated?

Next year, I will use a crabgrass preventer in the spring...guaranteed! I've
actually made out better than others. Some of neighbors have had their
entire lawns taken over. I'm trying to nip this in the bud. It reminds me of
that old movie, The Blob!!

Thanks in advance!

Old 30-07-2003, 09:03 PM

"GSX" wrote:
[...]

Ortho sells it in larger quantities for a hose end application.

Also, crabgrass is an annual and will die on it's own this fall.

--
GO# 40

Old 31-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Die Spammer !!!!!

First...If this is indeed crabgrass, the little spray bottle of Ortho isn't
going to cut it! Does anybody know of crabgrass killer that I can use to
cover large areas? Either a DIY solution or a company that performs a
treatment.

They do sell big bottles of concentrate you can get and 2 and 3 gallon garden
sprayer you can use for large areas.