Old 22-08-2003, 12:12 AM
David Pear

Default Strange grass

I bought what I thought was Pompas Grass. But, it started getting these
fern-like growths. What I want is those big beautiful blooms - but I don't
think it's going to happen with this plant. Let me know if anyone has any
experience with this kind of plant.

See pictures he
http://webpages.charter.net/dwpear/strangegrass.jpg

Old 22-08-2003, 01:12 AM

David Pear wrote:
I bought what I thought was Pompas Grass. But, it started getting these
fern-like growths. What I want is those big beautiful blooms - but I
don't think it's going to happen with this plant. Let me know if anyone
has any experience with this kind of plant.

See pictures he
http://webpages.charter.net/dwpear/strangegrass.jpg

Do you know which variety Pompas Grass you bought? (tag)

--
GO #40 The Chuggernaught
Old 22-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Oscar_lives

"David Pear" wrote in message
I bought what I thought was Pompas Grass. But, it started getting these
fern-like growths. What I want is those big beautiful blooms - but I don't
think it's going to happen with this plant. Let me know if anyone has any
experience with this kind of plant.

See pictures he
http://webpages.charter.net/dwpear/strangegrass.jpg

Get rid of that weed growing in there.

Old 22-08-2003, 05:22 AM
Racerboy

Looks like adult Nutsedge,which is considered a nuisance for lawns. The
fernlike appearance are actually seeds.

Old 22-08-2003, 05:32 AM

"David Pear" wrote in message
I bought what I thought was Pompas Grass. But, it started getting these
fern-like growths. What I want is those big beautiful blooms - but I
don't think it's going to happen with this plant. Let me know if anyone
has any experience with this kind of plant.

See pictures he
http://webpages.charter.net/dwpear/strangegrass.jpg

Looks like adult Nutsedge,which is considered a nuisance for lawns. The
fernlike appearance are actually seeds.

The seed heads do, but the foliage doesn't. (?)

--
GO #40

Old 22-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Racerboy

Adult nutsedge does look like the picture.My neighbor has a patch that is
about 3 feet high. The leaves tend to flatten and not have the distinctive V
shape as it matures.

Old 25-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Big Wave

It's a type of Bamboo.

Old 27-08-2003, 03:24 AM
lois

Carefully remore the seed part - they self sew easily - and gently put
it in a plactic bag [no holes] Then pull the rest of it and return it to
the store.

My neighbors pamas has tall stalks coming from the base. The arent any
visible leaves on the stalk.

Strange grass growth Smithy86 Lawns 5 17-10-2012 03:38 PM
A strange sight at Home Depot...nothing strange at all about their practice! Roy Gardening 3 01-04-2004 07:41 AM
WTB: Grass or Silk Grass, HELP! DinkyShop Gardening 1 16-12-2003 01:04 AM
selective herbicides: Liriope and Japanese Stilt Grass- bamboo grass? Doctoroe Gardening 2 21-08-2003 01:32 AM
Strange grass in yard Ken_B Gardening 0 30-04-2003 04:08 PM