Old 29-08-2003, 09:42 AM
jbclem

Default How to identify this miracle grass?

I live in a cool part of S. Calif, near the ocean, next to a
intermittent(winter-spring) creek, and I've never watered my lawns. We've
had some dry years and a hot month(80-90 degrees), but this grass, if uncut,
will grow thick and tall...I just found some off in a corner that was almost
3 feet tall. It's very green and looks good to me after I mow it, but I
can't compare it with other grasses because this is the only home where I've
had a lawn. I'd like to identify it because it seems to be some kind of a
miracle grass. How would I do this, are there web sites with photographs or
do I use the physical structure of the blade as the starting point.

John

Old 30-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Chet Hayes

It's virtually impossible for a novice to be able to identify a plant
like that. I have seen a university website that has a plant
identification program that tries to zero in on it through questions
about blade width, height, flowers, ligules, etc. However, it is
still next to impossible, as the variation in many parameters is quite
small and impossible to tell without years of experience.

If you search for plant identification you can probably find it if you
want to try it. Otherwise, in some areas of the country, like NJ,
there are agricultural help centers which are state funded.

Miracle Roses Dustin Albright Roses 2 20-09-2003 02:18 AM
Miracle-Gro Creno Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:20 AM
miracle gro enriched potting mix Zphysics1 Edible Gardening 10 16-04-2003 05:56 PM
Anyone ever use Miracle-grow spikes? Jerry Lawns 0 30-03-2003 05:20 PM
Miracle Grow Plant Spikes Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 27-03-2003 12:44 AM