Old 02-09-2003, 08:22 PM
R. Fizek

Default Hydrangeas

Hi,

When is it too late to safely trim back my hydrangeas? I only had one
blossom this year and I think it is because I trimmed too late into the
fall. Does any one know the guidelines?

Thanks.

TRCB

Old 03-09-2003, 05:12 AM
Joe Zito

"R. Fizek" wrote:

Hi,

When is it too late to safely trim back my hydrangeas? I only had one
blossom this year and I think it is because I trimmed too late into the
fall. Does any one know the guidelines?

Thanks.

TRCB

I trimmed and cut off the dead flowers on one bush late in the spring and
only have one flower on that bush. I trimmed the other in early spring and
it has alot of flowers now. some are not blue like the others but maybe
they are just dying off now. I'm not sure.

best time to trim and cut the dead flowers off is before the leaves start
to bloom but then again it might be best to trim and cut back before winter
like you do with rose bushes

hydrangeas Reba Gardening 3 30-05-2003 02:56 AM
Hydrangeas - purchase, info Kelly Garner North Carolina 4 13-05-2003 04:08 PM
Hydrangeas in Triangle BB North Carolina 2 06-05-2003 09:56 PM
Hydrangeas Ian Butler United Kingdom 20 22-02-2003 10:46 PM
Hydrangeas Jane Ransom United Kingdom 1 12-02-2003 08:36 PM