Old 16-09-2003, 03:42 PM
gmv

Default How to change Soil PH without creating deadly salts ?

Hello,

I have soil in my yard that is 8+ PH and
I want to lower that PH to about 7 without
generating salts that will damage the tree
I want to plant. The tree is a Bauhinia.
This soil is so alkali that if you pour
a little vinegar on it , it will bubble
like crazy. Can anyone tell me the best
way to acidify my soil to a neutral PH
close to 7 without generating salts
dangerous to plants ?

What I really need is to get input from
a soil scientist but there are no newsgroups
on my server catering to horticulture or
soil science.

--
Sincerely,
gmv

Old 17-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Die Spammer !!!

Your local nursery or home garden center will have just the thing for
you .

gmv wrote:

Hello,

I have soil in my yard that is 8+ PH and
I want to lower that PH to about 7 without
generating salts that will damage the tree
I want to plant. The tree is a Bauhinia.
This soil is so alkali that if you pour
a little vinegar on it , it will bubble
like crazy. Can anyone tell me the best
way to acidify my soil to a neutral PH
close to 7 without generating salts
dangerous to plants ?

What I really need is to get input from
a soil scientist but there are no newsgroups
on my server catering to horticulture or
soil science.

--
Sincerely,
gmv
No Emails, Possible Spams.

Creating a Pond without using a liner (clay) RainLover Ponds 7 10-05-2005 04:11 PM
How to change soil PH without creating deadly salts ? gmv Orchids 12 18-10-2003 11:22 PM
Deadly Kudzu? DavesVideo Gardening 8 07-06-2003 10:08 PM
Deadly Vole Damage bthache Gardening 0 20-05-2003 09:08 PM
Millions Infected With Deadly Parasite Spread By Cats Cy United Kingdom 6 23-01-2003 01:22 AM