Old 12-10-2003, 01:42 PM
m&v

Default Bermuda Lawn

I live in the midwest area and have a bermuda lawn. Is there anyway to kill
it to grow a fescue lawn ?????????????

Old 13-10-2003, 01:42 AM
lois

Roundup; but it only works during growth so it might be too late.. It
wont work in spring- til saps go both up and down. Test first

And it would be wise to make sure seed germinated - I wish they made
something that killed seed. Most are 'controls' ie: prevent it from
germinating for maybe 3 months, then it germinates.

There are two companion products - Team for grasses and Gentry for weeds
that let plants germinate, then kills them. But I cant find them.

Old 16-10-2003, 11:02 PM
BassMr.

The best time to TRY to kill the Bermuda is at the height of the growing
season.If it is well established you can spray Round-Up forever and not
kill it off.Round-up will do nothing to kill the abundant "runners" the
Bermuda grows from and it will come back relentlessly.
I have watched my neighbor spray Round-Up for six years on the Bermuda patch
in his fescue lawn and it never works.So he has finally succumbed to the
fact that he will have to live with it.
Also,if you try to burn it off,it just gets stronger form the nitrogen. Good
luck!

Old 02-11-2003, 01:33 AM
jaxnd

This is what I have heard to do. I think I will try it in the spring. Mix
a 4% solution 4 oz of pure round up that you get from a professional dealer
to 100 oz of water. Add two -3 drops of Joy diswashing soap to act as an
agent to stick the round up to the leaf. Start when you first see the first
signs in the spring. Spray everything & wait4-6 weeks. When you see any
green hit it again, and again and again until the fall. If you leave
anything it will come back. I think I'll try it in Spring 04 at least as a
test in part of the yard. If it works I'll do the whole lawn in 05 then
replace with Fescue sod or a fine bermuda called Tiffway.
I live in SE Virginia.
Good Luck
Jackson