Old 21-10-2003, 01:42 PM
John

Default Sprinkler Help

Hi All,

I was reading some other posts and someone mentioned they had a web site
that would be very helpful along with some other tips on installing a
sprinkler system by a do-it-yourselfer. I will be adding to a current
system that is already there. A sprinkler system is something I have never
done and the lessons learned and other info would be great. Right now there
are three zones connected to a six zone system, but only two work and I do
not know how to figure out which one belongs to what number on the timer box
without cutting wires until I find the right one. Also I want to add three
other zones to have a complete working six. We just bought this house and
are doing a lot of landscaping and will need all six zones.

Thanks for any info provided.
John
Murrieta, CA.

Old 22-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Jim Sullivan

"John" wrote in message
et...
[...]

If you can remove the cover of the control box, you'll get access to the
wires. But you should be able to manually start each zone so you can
determine which zone is which. One thing I learned with my last house (and
first sprinkler system) was that you can only have one zone on at a time, so
when I turned all 5 on, nothing happened.

You'll need to do some type of volume and pressure test and the local supply
store can help you out there. I found that the local sprinkler supply
(Scotts Valley Sprinkler, thanks guys), were helpful and would answer my
questions. You need to check out the location of the siphon valve, since it
needs to be above the sprinkler heads, so they'll drain properly and work
properly.

Good Luck. It's not that hard to do with just a couple of tricks to learn.

--
Jim Sullivan
Don't plant your bad days, they turn into bad weeks,

Old 23-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Alaininsd

Hi John,

Try www.rainbird.com

"Drip" also has a website. Do a websearch for their name or "drip
irrigators".

Alain...Palomar Mountain