Old 19-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Rob

Default Sago Palm

I have a dead Sago in my yard, does anyone know how deep the roots are on
these ugly things. I want to pull it out? Can I pull it?

Thanks all

Old 22-03-2004, 05:17 AM
Dave

Should be able to grab it with gloves and yank it out of the yard. Our area
has a HIGH theft rate on Sago palms, so I know it isn't very difficult to
pull them.
Good Luck!

.. .

Old 22-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Bubba

Indeed the roots are very superficial and you should be able to pull it out
easily. Interesting when I lived in Phoenix these things cost as much as
gold. They were like weeds in my yard in the panhandle of Florida.

Bubba

Old 22-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Rob

Come steal mine!
Please.....

Thanks for the reply.

"Dave" jdaveATtoast.net wrote in message
Should be able to grab it with gloves and yank it out of the yard. Our

area
has a HIGH theft rate on Sago palms, so I know it isn't very difficult to
pull them.
Good Luck!

.. .

Old 02-04-2004, 03:42 AM
John

Save the Sago! Are you sure its dead?
I love Sago palms, not just for their beauty but when you look at one,
you're looking at something that was around during the Mesozoic period. This
plant appears very much like it did 200 million years ago. They are easy to
care for and when kept trimmed it is an attractive addition to you
landscape.

"Rob" wrote in message
. ..
Come steal mine!
Please.....

Thanks for the reply.

"Dave" jdaveATtoast.net wrote in message
Should be able to grab it with gloves and yank it out of the yard. Our

area
has a HIGH theft rate on Sago palms, so I know it isn't very difficult

pull them.
Good Luck!

"Rob" wrote in message
.. .
I have a dead Sago in my yard, does anyone know how deep the roots are

on
these ugly things. I want to pull it out? Can I pull it?

Thanks all

Supply Sago Palm (Cycas revolute), Finger Palm (Rhapis ,Windmill palm (Trachycarpus garrytsen Marketplace 0 24-08-2005 01:11 AM
Cycad (Sago Palm) Cowboy Texas 10 04-06-2005 08:02 PM
Sago palm? ImRaul33 Ponds (alternative) 1 31-08-2003 04:02 PM
Sago Palm? ImRaul33 Gardening 8 25-08-2003 03:12 AM
Huge Sago Palm for the taking David Peart Texas 2 05-04-2003 11:10 AM