Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
David Peart

Default Huge Sago Palm for the taking

I have a huge sago palm in front of my house. However, whoever planted did
not think of what happens when that cute little plant grows up The trunk
is ~18-24" in diameter. I need to get rid of it. If someone out there
would like to come dig it up and take it, you can have it. Otherwise I will
have to haul it to the dump. I was told that the best time to transplant
them is in Feb.

Email me at with Sago Palm in the subject if you are
interested.

thanks,
daveP

Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Rusty Mase

On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 18:03:40 GMT, "David Peart"
wrote:

I have a huge sago palm in front of my house.

About 20 years ago I assisted in salvaging several similarly sized
palms displaced by construction along North MoPac. The construction
company dug them out and laid them down for us. The root ball was
like a turnip and not all that big, but all the dirt was lost.

A group of us dragged these onto a flatbed trailer using a 4-ton
electric winch. This was not an easy job as these palms are heavy.

But a mature palm is a nice asset and someone would want them. If you
could find a recipient. How about a picture on the internet and
calling the local landscape designers?

Rusty Mase

Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Rusty Mase

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 08:41:34 -0600, Rusty Mase
wrote:

About 20 years ago I assisted in salvaging several similarly sized
palms

Oops, these were large yuccas and not palms.

Rusty Mase

Huge Yew Tree or Huge Yew Bush? 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 0 27-05-2009 11:28 AM
Supply Sago Palm (Cycas revolute), Finger Palm (Rhapis ,Windmill palm (Trachycarpus garrytsen Marketplace 0 24-08-2005 01:11 AM
Sago Palm Rob Lawns 7 02-04-2004 03:42 AM
Sago palm? ImRaul33 Ponds (alternative) 1 31-08-2003 04:02 PM
Sago Palm? ImRaul33 Gardening 8 25-08-2003 03:12 AM