Old 06-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Jack

Default Push rods for a Vangaurd 12.5 HP OHV

Hello all
Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between the intake and
exhaust push rods for the subject engine. They both seem about
the same length but one appears as hollow with a hole in both
ends. The parts listing shows a p/n 492229 for the intake one.
The model/type is 260700/0117-02.
The head was removed to reinstall the intake valve seat
that popped loose. At the time of removal I didn't notice that
there was a difference in push rods, only noticed it when I
was about to install them. Seems the hollow push rod may have
some function for transferring oil. Need to know which is the
intake rod and which is the exhaust rod.
Thanks,.......Jack