Old 13-05-2004, 06:08 AM

Default Chickweed rampit.

Hello everyone,

I've been cutting my lawn tall(3-3 1/2"), which has done wonders for
preventing dandelions. I know this cause the next two neighbors one
side of me has their yard looking like a dandilion meadow. I still
get a few here and there around the edges of my lawn, but not two bad.
I do have a lot of chickweed and clover. I don't mind the cover too
much, but the chick weed seems to 'displace' the grass. I plan on
using step two of scotts lawn pro annual care. My question, after I
do step two, is there a safe way to get rid of the chickweed if the
step 2 didn't dent it?

thx,

tom

http://www.Intertainia.com

Old 14-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Jim Sullivan

wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I've been cutting my lawn tall(3-3 1/2"), which has done wonders for
preventing dandelions. I know this cause the next two neighbors one
side of me has their yard looking like a dandilion meadow. I still
get a few here and there around the edges of my lawn, but not two bad.
I do have a lot of chickweed and clover. I don't mind the cover too
much, but the chick weed seems to 'displace' the grass. I plan on
using step two of scotts lawn pro annual care. My question, after I
do step two, is there a safe way to get rid of the chickweed if the
step 2 didn't dent it?

As someone else mentioned, Killex (or something similar) will do the trick.
I generally avoid the weed and feed type fertilizers and just spot weed with
either my hands or some weed killer. In fact, on a sunny day, lying on the
grass with a beer, untangling the clover from the grass is a very relaxing
pasttime.

--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington

Effective way of getting rid of chickweed ? Vegegrower United Kingdom 5 04-05-2009 09:06 PM
chickweed in new lawn Rob Barrett United Kingdom 9 26-05-2006 09:21 AM
Chickweed Killer pixi Gardening 4 15-12-2004 11:59 AM
Chickweed DRE Gardening 2 30-05-2004 04:02 AM
Chickweed Seven United Kingdom 9 23-10-2003 02:14 PM