Old 30-05-2004, 08:05 PM
news.individual.net

Default 4X4 Posts -- Gothic decoration ??

Home Depot used to sell decorative 4X4 eight foot long posts, with the top
end being a carved pointed-dome looking feature (Gothic look I guess). It is
a bit hard to describe, but I am sure that many of you have seen them. These
posts were very neat for garden posts, to hang flower baskets and
birdfeeders off of.

I can no longer find them in any store like Home Depot, Lowe's etc etc. I
have looked everywhere that I can think of.

Do any of you know where I might find these posts now ??

Thanks for any tips or suggestions !!

--James--

Old 30-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Rich Greenberg

In article ,
news.individual.net wrote:

Home Depot used to sell decorative 4X4 eight foot long posts, with the top
end being a carved pointed-dome looking feature (Gothic look I guess). It is
a bit hard to describe, but I am sure that many of you have seen them. These
posts were very neat for garden posts, to hang flower baskets and
birdfeeders off of.

I can no longer find them in any store like Home Depot, Lowe's etc etc. I
have looked everywhere that I can think of.

Do any of you know where I might find these posts now ??

Thanks for any tips or suggestions !!

Try a local fence company.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67
Old 31-05-2004, 02:07 AM
news.individual.net

Local lumberyard has display of this type of thing.

Ok, great. I will go to your local lumber yard and pick some of them up.
Can you give me the address please ?

Thanks !!

Old 31-05-2004, 02:08 AM
news.individual.net

Very good idea on the millwork shop. I will find one and check it out .

Thanks !!

--James--

Old 31-05-2004, 07:10 PM
news.individual.net

I looked under the Yellow pages for Gothic Posts, and no luck.

I even called the telephone operator and asked her for the Gothic Post
companies, and she seemed startled.

I will keep looking.

--James--

Old 31-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Michael Baugh

Might want to check at http://www.oldlouisville.com/circa1900/
especially if you're looking for a supplier of Victorian Gothic.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:08 AM
news.individual.net

Thanks !!!