Old 20-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Barfin' Bob

Default Crabgrass

Steveo wrote:
"RoyDMercer" wrote:

The type of grass you have does not tolerate a selective crabgrass
herbicide like CSMA or MSMA.

What does tolerate it?

bermudagrass tolerates it quite well, thank you

Old 20-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Steveo

Barfin' Bob wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"RoyDMercer" wrote:

The type of grass you have does not tolerate a selective crabgrass
herbicide like CSMA or MSMA.

What does tolerate it?

bermudagrass tolerates it quite well, thank you

So you missed the part where he said blue and fescue, you're welcome.
Old 20-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Barfin' Bob

Steveo wrote:
Barfin' Bob wrote:

Steveo wrote:

"RoyDMercer" wrote:

The type of grass you have does not tolerate a selective crabgrass
herbicide like CSMA or MSMA.

What does tolerate it?

bermudagrass tolerates it quite well, thank you

So you missed the part where he said blue and fescue, you're welcome.

Yeah, missed that part. That's what happens when one gets old.

Old 20-07-2004, 05:06 AM
William W. Plummer

William W. Plummer wrote:

DaveC wrote:

How can one kill rooted crabgrass this late in the year without
killing everything else around it? Thanks.

I use "Crabgrass Killer". It is specific to crabgrass and does not
affect normal grass. It takes 2 or 3 applications, a week apart. It
works very well, but I also use preemergent kill in the spring.

Bonide makes the Crabgrass Killer. A pint costs about $13, but you use
only a capful per gallon. Do it now before the plants drop their seeds
-- approximately 500 to 1000 per plant.
Old 20-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Heidi the Horrible

"Barfin' Bob" wrote in message

Steveo wrote:
"RoyDMercer" wrote:

The type of grass you have does not tolerate a selective crabgrass
herbicide like CSMA or MSMA.

What does tolerate it?

bermudagrass tolerates it quite well, thank you

I went for a jog on the local golf course and their crabgrass was dying so
they sprayed it with something. I didn't notice if it was growing in with
bermuda or fescue.

Old 22-07-2004, 03:12 AM
Chris Hagler

A drivers license to apply a chemical.....cool...I want some of that stuff!

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
"Donald Guzzetta" wrote in message
You can use Roundup to kill the crabgrass the trick is in applying it. You
can get a pair of rubber gloves and put a pair of cloth gloves over them.
Then moisten the glove with roundup mixture. carefully apply the roundup

the grabgrass by grabbing the shoots of the plant, be carefull not to

touch
the anything you want to live!

"DaveC" wrote in message
How can one kill rooted crabgrass this late in the year without killing
everything else around it? Thanks.

Acclaim is the best product I've found, though you need a license to
buy it. Very effective, kills the crabgrass and leaves the lawn
unharmed. The over the counter ones I've tried were poor at killing
the crabgrass and harmed the good grass.

Old 31-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Dan Hartung

Chris Hagler wrote:
A drivers license to apply a chemical.....cool...I want some of that stuff!

Ask Timothy McVeigh.

Old 31-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Steveo

Dan Hartung wrote:
Chris Hagler wrote:
A drivers license to apply a chemical.....cool...I want some of that
stuff!

Ask Timothy McVeigh.

You don't need an Agriculture license to buy cheap urea, it's sold as
ice melt. In fact, it's the only product you can use on certain surfaces.

It's -very- popular for that..the fert *usually* has the anti flash
ingredient added.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Brigitte

"Dan Hartung" wrote in message
Chris Hagler wrote:
A drivers license to apply a chemical.....cool...I want some of that

stuff!

Ask Timothy McVeigh.

FYI...he's dead...

Crabgrass Preventer Ralph Therien Gardening 4 19-07-2003 01:12 PM
CRABGRASS! JNJ Gardening 2 09-05-2003 07:20 PM
Pre-emergent crabgrass killer David S Lawns 1 17-04-2003 12:32 PM
Correct ground temperature for Crabgrass preventer application Scott Lawns 3 13-04-2003 10:08 PM
seed in fall before spring crabgrass preventer? E Gardener Gardening 5 28-01-2003 12:14 AM