Old 06-08-2004, 03:27 AM
Drvnguy

Default Clover

What is the best way to get rid of large areas of this weed ?..perhaps some
type of weeed and feed .

Old 06-08-2004, 06:54 AM
Dan Hartung

Drvnguy wrote:
What is the best way to get rid of large areas of this weed ?..perhaps some
type of weeed and feed .

2,4 D (broadleaf weed killer) works well enough. So does mowing your
lawn half an inch higher.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:40 PM
ECU68

I've used WeedBGone with real good results.. I have centerpede and the
clover was terrible this Spring.

Old 06-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Chet Hayes

"ECU68" wrote in message alkaboutgardening.com...
I've used WeedBGone with real good results.. I have centerpede and the
clover was terrible this Spring.

Any of the broadleaf weed control products will kill clover.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Chet Hayes

"ECU68" wrote in message alkaboutgardening.com...
I've used WeedBGone with real good results.. I have centerpede and the
clover was terrible this Spring.

Any of the broadleaf weed control products will kill clover. It's
relatively easy to kill. I just let it grow in my grass, as its not a
real problem and it returns nitrogen to the soil.

Old 06-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Johnson

"Drvnguy" wrote in message
What is the best way to get rid of large areas of this weed ?..perhaps

some
type of weeed and feed .

Usually, to solve this problem is simple. At about midnight with a full
moon out, you dance naked on the clover. Oh, and don't forget to stick a
feather behind your ear while dancing.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:04 PM
ECU68

HIRE JOHNSON AND SELL TICKETS....CLOVER CAN BE A PROBLEM IF YOU WANT
CERTAIN GRASSES TO GROW...ROOTS WILL MAT OVER AND EVEN KEEP THE RUNNING
GRASSES OUT...LIKE SEVERAL SAID, HIT THE PATCHES WITH A WEEK KILLER AND IN
48 HOURS YOU WILL SEE RESULTS... STILL WANT TO SEE JOHNSON OUT THERE IN A
FULL MOON!