Old 26-08-2004, 10:52 AM
NSF

Default Toadstools

I have lots of toadstools that have recently appeared in my lawn, there
appear to be 3 types.

I am in the UK and my garden backs onto open fields.

The house was built last year and the lawn was laid last November.

I have checked the ground below the areas with toadstools with a garden fork
and there doesn't appear to be any debris.

Any ideas as to the cause and a cure?

Old 26-08-2004, 02:44 PM
William W. Plummer

NSF wrote:

I have lots of toadstools that have recently appeared in my lawn, there
appear to be 3 types.

I am in the UK and my garden backs onto open fields.

The house was built last year and the lawn was laid last November.

I have checked the ground below the areas with toadstools with a garden fork
and there doesn't appear to be any debris.

Any ideas as to the cause and a cure?

This is the time of year for mushrooms. You need to increase the pH of
the soil using lime, not ground limestone. The latter might work but it
will take decades -- buildings and statues are made from limestone.

toadstools farmer brown Lawns 2 27-07-2003 09:12 PM
Toadstools in new lawn Aileen Howard United Kingdom 0 04-07-2003 07:56 AM
Toadstools/Mushrooms Shepherd Gardening 1 04-06-2003 05:32 PM
White mushrooms/toadstools in lawn Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 18 07-12-2002 05:55 PM
Getting road of Mushrooms/Toadstools Carl United Kingdom 27 20-11-2002 07:10 PM