Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2004, 04:20 AM
W.D.

Default I've killed my lawn - what's next?

I just killed off all the weeds (and what little grass there was) in the
front lawn of my Atlanta home by spraying it with Roundup on Sunday and am
ready for the next steps. Here's my plan of attack:
1. Till the lawn on Friday afternoon (am I better off renting a slicer
seeder and skipping the tilling? If I till, how deep should I go?)
2. Apply seed and cover (straw?) on Saturday
3. Keep moist for several weeks until it starts to grow

Am I missing anything? Should I put topsoil or fertilizer down first? I'm
obviously a newbie so any time/labor saving hints would be appreciated.
Thanks!

W.D.