Old 12-10-2004, 01:57 AM
Brian Sheeres

Default What is this plant and is it supposed to be so big?

I would appreciate it if somebody could go to
http://chesslink.net/grassy_bush.jpg and identify the large grassy bush
(no it's not porn). I'm new to home ownership and have no idea what
this thing is or what to do with it. It seems kinda big and overgrown.
TIA

Brian

Old 12-10-2004, 02:12 AM
larry

"Brian Sheeres" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would appreciate it if somebody could go to
http://chesslink.net/grassy_bush.jpg and identify the large grassy bush
(no it's not porn). I'm new to home ownership and have no idea what
this thing is or what to do with it. It seems kinda big and overgrown.
TIA
Brian

Some sort of grass- I think it's COOL!

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Old 12-10-2004, 02:21 AM
TP

Brian,
Looks like Fountain Grass to me. Some are dwarf sized. Some
flower. Not sure which type you have. You could trim it back or
divide it up.

TP

Old 12-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Steveo

"Brian Sheeres" wrote:
I would appreciate it if somebody could go to
http://chesslink.net/grassy_bush.jpg and identify the large grassy bush
(no it's not porn). I'm new to home ownership and have no idea what
this thing is or what to do with it. It seems kinda big and overgrown.
TIA

Brian

It's an ornamental grass of some sort like maiden-grass. It will lose its
color this winter, and then you can cut it back to about 6 inches or so.

I like to leave them long all winter and then cut them back in early
spring. They look nice in the winter too.