Old 17-01-2006, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
junkyardcat

Default Camelia..Are they supposed to bloom now?

I'm in East Texas, where we have had a very warm Winter so far. My daughter
has a Camelia (I hope I spelled it right) in front of the house she's
renting, and it is in full bloom. Is this the time of year it should bloom,
or has it been fooled into thinking it's Spring? It's so pretty and adds
lots of color to the drab Winter landscape

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas

Old 17-01-2006, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

"junkyardcat" wrote in message
I'm in East Texas, where we have had a very warm Winter so far. My
daughter has a Camelia (I hope I spelled it right) in front of the
house she's renting, and it is in full bloom. Is this the time of
year it should bloom, or has it been fooled into thinking it's
Spring? It's so pretty and adds lots of color to the drab Winter
landscape

It's blooming time all across the south! They are blooming in North
Georgia too. In a few days the daffodils will be blooming too!

Tom J

Old 17-01-2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
V_coerulea

The strange thing here in SC is that the fall-blooming Camellia sasanquas
didn't bloom in the fall when they were supposed to because it was so dry.
They're blooming now with the reticulatas and japonicas. In a normal winter,
the japonicas would send out a flush of bloom which would last a week or 2
before getting hit by a freeze. And then another flush and so on all winter.
This winter, we're not having any killing frosts and all the bushes are a
riot of color and all together. Got to get some pics.
Gary

Old 18-01-2006, 06:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
junkyardcat

"junkyardcat" wrote in message
I'm in East Texas, where we have had a very warm Winter so far. My
daughter has a Camelia (I hope I spelled it right) in front of the house
she's renting, and it is in full bloom. Is this the time of year it should
bloom, or has it been fooled into thinking it's Spring? It's so pretty and
adds lots of color to the drab Winter landscape

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas

Thank you for the replies. This is the first one I've ever seen so I wasn't
sure when the correct bloom time was Now I've just GOT to find some for my
yard..they are so beautiful

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas