Old 16-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Chip Stein" wrote in message
om...

Try this: stick one index finger into a cup of oil and your other

finger into a cup of gas. Pull out both fingers at the same time.

Which
one feels cooler? I attended a two week repair course for Stihl

products,
and it made a believer out of me.

try this and it works because gas evaporates at room temperature,
that's why it feels cooler. the less oil you run the hotter the
equipment will run, that's why at stihl school they harp on
adjustments and lean seizure. I went there too.
if you run stihl, echo, tanaka, husqvarna.. oils they are true
multi-ratio oils. run them at 50:1 even in old 32:1 or 16:1 and it
will be fine.
don't by the cheaper outboard oil!! it combusts befor entering
the combustion chamber, and will roast a 2-stroke in short order.
Chip

Beg to differ with you. My experience has not shown that at all.

Old 18-11-2004, 02:43 AM
Chip Stein

don't by the cheaper outboard oil!! it combusts befor entering
the combustion chamber, and will roast a 2-stroke in short order.
Chip

Beg to differ with you. My experience has not shown that at all.

on a stihl chainsaw turning 13,000 rpm no load it will carbon
track the main bearings and lean seize the piston. on a piece of
crap like ryobi, or the other reed motors and low rpm equipment it may
work out.
8 years of small engine service experience showed me that, and we
did it at stihl school to a brand new saw. try your luck,
Chip
Old 18-11-2004, 05:26 AM
Chas Hurst

"Chip Stein" wrote in message
om...
don't by the cheaper outboard oil!! it combusts befor entering
the combustion chamber, and will roast a 2-stroke in short order.
Chip

Beg to differ with you. My experience has not shown that at all.

on a stihl chainsaw turning 13,000 rpm no load it will carbon
track the main bearings and lean seize the piston. on a piece of
crap like ryobi, or the other reed motors and low rpm equipment it may
work out.
8 years of small engine service experience showed me that, and we
did it at stihl school to a brand new saw. try your luck,
Chip

This sounds more like a Stihl problem than an oil problem. I use 100:1
synthetic in my Stihl chainsaw. After 20 years and cutting 1-2 cords/year it
runs and starts great.

Chas Hurst

Old 19-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Chip Stein

This sounds more like a Stihl problem than an oil problem. I use 100:1
synthetic in my Stihl chainsaw. After 20 years and cutting 1-2 cords/year it
runs and starts great.

Chas Hurst

100:1 synthetic is fine. it's the cheap outboard crap that gets
people into trouble. outboards are water cooled, lawn wquipment is air
cooled and runs hotter.
quality oil is fine, crappy i only want to spend 50 cents oil is
not.
Chip
Old 21-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Srgnt Billko

[...]