Old 23-02-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Humm??

AdLib wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here owns their own lanscaping company. I've
dreamed of starting my own and now that I've finally mustered up the
courage I don't know where to begin. Maybe I can learn a thing or two
from those of you who have been in the same situation. How did you get
started?

Any advise is welcome

Get a part time job working for someone in the industry, you'll
learn real quick. No one can post what you need in training if
you've never done it. Be sure to charge enough for your service
too. (that's the main cause of new start-up failure)

--
I love freebanding!
Old 23-02-2005, 08:07 PM
GFRfan

AdLib wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here owns their own lanscaping company. I've
dreamed of starting my own and now that I've finally mustered up the
courage I don't know where to begin. Maybe I can learn a thing or two
from those of you who have been in the same situation. How did you get
started?

Any advise is welcome

Work, work, work and do a good, no, excellent job and you will get paid,
paid, paid. Try to learn a little about construction, plants and
business management.
Then get a job with an existing company till you are able to do things
yourself.
Old 23-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Rose

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:01:08 -0600, whilst I was lookin AdLib
wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here owns their own lanscaping company. I've
dreamed of starting my own and now that I've finally mustered up the
courage I don't know where to begin. Maybe I can learn a thing or two
from those of you who have been in the same situation. How did you get
started?

Any advise is welcome

Well I do not own my own landscaping company but I do business
consultations along with creating business plans.

When people ask about wanting to be in business for theirselves I will
mention that there are some businesses that are always in demand and
one of them is doing general yard work. And personally I know this
for a fact because I live in an area that has a lot of homes with
surrounding grounds! I don't know how you're defining landscaping -
are you talking general yard work or more specific kinds of
landscaping?

Basically one of your main concerns will be getting clients and the
best way to do that is to let them know that you are in business. Now
if you're serious about wanting to do this as a business then you will
want to do the plain mundane things on a continuing basis and not just
once which means that you should have a business plan. No matter what
kind of business you are thinking of starting you will be doing more
than just getting customers and getting paid. You will have to deal
with the "business" aspect of running a business or you won't have a
business for long!

So if your main concern is first to get customers you will have to let
them know that you are in business. That means flyers and business
cards and any other kind of marketing, advertising and promotional
things that you can do.

Rose
http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/consult.htm
"Can you make money on the Internet?-YES!"
Old 24-02-2005, 01:16 AM
GFRfan

GFRfan wrote:
AdLib wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here owns their own lanscaping company. I've
dreamed of starting my own and now that I've finally mustered up the
courage I don't know where to begin. Maybe I can learn a thing or two
from those of you who have been in the same situation. How did you get
started?

Any advise is welcome

Work, work, work and do a good, no, excellent job and you will get paid,
paid, paid. Try to learn a little about construction, plants and
business management.
Then get a job with an existing company till you are able to do things
yourself.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot.
Advertise, advertise, advertise.

Old 24-02-2005, 04:07 PM
newsgroup

Bravo to all who took the time to post. Such great advice for anyone
thinking about starting a business!

Old 10-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Jeffrey Judd

"AdLib" wrote in message

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here owns their own lanscaping company. I've
dreamed of starting my own and now that I've finally mustered up the
courage I don't know where to begin. Maybe I can learn a thing or two
from those of you who have been in the same situation. How did you get
started?

Any advise is welcome

--
AdLib
AdLib's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=65
View this thread:
http://homerepairforums.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=75363
This post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.org

Take a look at this site, I get a lot of good advice from it:
http://www.lawnsite.com/

Good luck,
Jeff

Old 19-03-2005, 03:12 AM

Or even this site.... www.LawnCafe.com

Old 19-03-2005, 03:13 AM
LawnCafe

Or you can even try....

www.LawnCafe.com

Best Wishes!

Old 19-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Oscar_Lives

"LawnCafe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Or you can even try....

www.LawnCafe.com

Best Wishes!

This is a site for queers.

Old 19-03-2005, 04:20 AM
Steveo

"Oscar_Lives" wrote:
"LawnCafe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Or you can even try....

www.LawnFag.com

Best Wishes!

This is a site for queers.

Shoulda known from the url.

--
Think no one cares about you? Miss two payments.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:26 PM
LawnCafe

Steveo wrote:
"Oscar_Lives" wrote:
"LawnCafe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Or you can even try....

www.LawnFag.com

Best Wishes!

This is a site for queers.

Shoulda known from the url.

--
Think no one cares about you? Miss two payments.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:28 PM
LawnCafe

Steveo wrote:
"Oscar_Lives" wrote:
"LawnCafe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Or you can even try....

www.LawnFag.com

Best Wishes!

This is a site for queers.

Shoulda known from the url.

--
Think no one cares about you? Miss two payments.

Isn't that the site that "Sean Adams" owns? Or, that guy "Chuck Keough"
who uses the name?