Old 05-05-2005, 01:28 AM
billw

Default Darn Mole

Moved in to a nice home last June only to find a mole(s) have also. the
critter is in a small part of the front lawn, numberous mounds areound
the area showing off their tunnels. I treated lawn with GrubEx 3 weeks
ago realizing that will reduce grubs in the future.

Am so frustrated, I purchased some MoleTox II, of course store said it
was a snap to use.

anything I should be aware of using it?

tks for any tips.

bill

Upstate NY area.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Steveo

billw wrote:
Am so frustrated, I purchased some MoleTox II, of course store said it
was a snap to use.

What is moletox 2? A bait?
Old 05-05-2005, 03:04 AM

"What is moletox 2? A bait? "

Now Steveo, according to you, I'm supposed to be just an armchair idiot
with bogus advice, but even I know that Moletox is a gel bait mole
poison. So, what does that say about you dear?

Old 05-05-2005, 03:11 AM

Oh, and to the OP, I've tried similar gel baits, without much success.
Please let us know how it works for you.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:26 AM

"Baits don't work, too bad you didn't know that."

Steveo, Buzzard, whoever you are. If you look at my post made 10 mins
earlier, at 10:11PM, you'll see I stated:

"Oh, and to the OP, I've tried similar gel baits, without much
success.
Please let us know how it works for you. "

Check and Mate!

Old 05-05-2005, 03:26 AM

asizzor type mole trap , the one with the two separte wire handles for
setting it is the best trap ive used. you have to did a hole in an
active tunnel to get it down in there , ive killed 75 moles in the last
three years with two of them and the traps were only 13.00 ea i think...
baits and poisons and grubex wont get rid of them .i got the traps at
gemplers.com .let us know how you make out , im passionate about mole
hunting. lucas

Old 05-05-2005, 02:48 PM

if you dont want to trap them yourself, you can hire someone to do it..

Old 05-05-2005, 03:00 PM
JoeT

"billw" wrote in message ...
Buzzard wrote:
wrote:

asizzor type mole trap , the one with the two separte wire handles for
setting it is the best trap ive used. you have to did a hole in an
active tunnel to get it down in there , ive killed 75 moles in the last
three years with two of them and the traps were only 13.00 ea i think...
baits and poisons and grubex wont get rid of them .i got the traps at
gemplers.com .let us know how you make out , im passionate about mole
hunting. lucas

That's the plain truth. If moles are still active in your yard, traps
are the -best- control. Good advice, ds.

Very discouraged here folks, am new to mole elimination as you can see as
I was conned into buying the mole bait at the store. Am cluless on traps
too. are there services around that do this type of thing. Bought this
beatiful home only to be haunted by a freakin mole! or 2.

any help would be appreciated.

bill

I'm sure there are services to do it but,,, It's going to cost you and this
will most certainly not be the last time you will have a mole problem. That
said, most any decent hardware store will have mole traps. There are two
main types, one is a spear type and the other scissors. They're relatively
easy to set up and use but are rather gruesome, yet effective if used
properly. Everything else is mostly smoke and mirrors. I have used one
product called mole scoot (applies via application with hose) that does seem
to chase them off but it's never a long term solution (chases the mole to
neighboring properties or untreated areas of same property), until it wears
off.

Your best bet is to find a source for traps and learn to use them, they're
inexpensive, reusable and effective. Naturally you will also want to keep
children and pets away from set traps. BTW chances are a service would come
out and set traps then return to check them and dispose of the remains.
You'd still have to keep children and pets clear. And you'd be paying a
premium for their physical presence, (service call) and labor.

Don't know enough yet or which hardware store in your area has them?
www.Google.com

joe

Old 05-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Shane

I'm not sure what I got, but last night I had my dog fetch whatever it was
moving in the dark and he caught it. I'm pretty sure its a mole/pocket mole,
but never seen them out of there hole and this one was out of his hole. I
used Fox Urine in all the holes I could find on my property to try too get
ride of it so maybe it irritated him enough to move, but we will never know
because he's dead now. I have had some luck with the smoke bombs, but not
effective. Going to switch over to the traps next! Let me know if you have
any luck.

Shane
"Buzzard" wrote in message
billw wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
wrote:

[...]

The out of sight trap is the one I've heard works ok.

http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page207.html

Old 06-05-2005, 03:48 AM
John Crichton

A half stick of dynamite and some gasoline works wonders on a mole hole.
Locate every surface entrance and pour one gallon of gasoline into
same. Plug holes with 1/2 stick of dynamite with detonation cap. Wire
caps with detcord. Retreat to a safe distance, say "Au revoir, Monsieur
Mole!" and hit the detcord.

Of course, you may require some slight turf repair after treatment.