Old 08-05-2005, 04:54 AM
Dandelion Acres

I've had good luck with the smoke bombs, particularly when the smoke is
pushed with a blower/vac.

On a side note with that, as I build my own smoke bombs I bought materials
off of the internet and last week got an "informative" letter from the US
Department of Justice informing me of the illegality of fireworks making.
Damn, on another list...

"billw" wrote in message
Moved in to a nice home last June only to find a mole(s) have also. the
critter is in a small part of the front lawn, numberous mounds areound the
area showing off their tunnels. I treated lawn with GrubEx 3 weeks ago
realizing that will reduce grubs in the future.

Am so frustrated, I purchased some MoleTox II, of course store said it was
a snap to use.

anything I should be aware of using it?

tks for any tips.

bill

Upstate NY area.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Winston Smith

Here's what worked for me. Get a cat. They are nice pets and 24/7 pest
controllers. A cat will rid your yard of moles and keep other pests away.
I understand that a lot of people don't like cats but I came to view them in
a whole new light after my mole experience. If you don't want to own one,
maybe you can borrow one from a friend for a week or two. Try it and let us
know how it worked for you. I'm betting you'll be very happy with the
results.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:46 PM
p-nut

billw wrote:
Moved in to a nice home last June only to find a mole(s) have also. the
critter is in a small part of the front lawn, numberous mounds
areound the area showing off their tunnels. I treated lawn with
GrubEx 3 weeks ago realizing that will reduce grubs in the future.

Am so frustrated, I purchased some MoleTox II, of course store said it
was a snap to use.

anything I should be aware of using it?

tks for any tips.

bill

Upstate NY area.

I've had great luck with the Exhart Molemover/Gopher-It.
http://www.exhart.com/retail/90066.html

I had a terrible mole problem last year so this year I went out and bought
three of these things and haven't had a mole since I installed them.
I got them at Lowes for $16 a piece plus a four pack of C batteries (which
is supposed to last 4months according to the disclamer).

Old 10-05-2005, 02:09 AM
billw

Tks all for the great advice. I will update you on my dilemma:

I hired a professional today to set 2 traps, he will be back tomorrow to
see if they worked. I can't tell you how horrible it is to see your
lawn be destroyed like this freakin mole is doing. I'll move before it
takes over everything. He also said I probably have "Voles" for gods
sakes but traps are like mouse traps for them.

Very expensive to say the least too.

bill
Old 10-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Steveo

billw wrote:
Tks all for the great advice. I will update you on my dilemma:

I hired a professional today to set 2 traps, he will be back tomorrow to
see if they worked. I can't tell you how horrible it is to see your
lawn be destroyed like this freakin mole is doing. I'll move before it
takes over everything. He also said I probably have "Voles" for gods
sakes but traps are like mouse traps for them.

Very expensive to say the least too.

bill

As an aside, try a grub prevention application in July. It may eliminate
some of the meat they are chowing on. It won't hurt much if it doesn't
help, except the cost of the grub-proof.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Shane

Lar from alt.consumers.pest-control told me to treat them like mice. Get a
tamper resistant bait station, rat sized, and secure rat bait in it... use
the "blocks" rather then the d-con type pellets.

Haven't seen any Vole after my dog caught one, so haven't tried that bait
station yet. Good luck!

Shane

Old 12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
billw

I posted a general update reply in a new msg dated today, 5/12