Old 23-05-2005, 07:47 PM
billw

Default cutting grass height

Hi all:

I am used to a std 3" cut on my lawn with no bagging.

I just purchased a new walk behind, Toro with cutting heights as follows:

3.25"

3.75

4.25

Should I cut my grass at higher levels now and what would be the reason,

tks all

bill
Old 23-05-2005, 10:22 PM
- Tom -

"billw" wrote in message
Hi all:

I am used to a std 3" cut on my lawn with no bagging.

I just purchased a new walk behind, Toro with cutting heights as follows:

3.25"

3.75

4.25

Should I cut my grass at higher levels now and what would be the reason,

tks all

bill

Yes. The reason is because 3.00" is not included as a possible cutting
height.

If you can make a simple modification to the mower to get 3.00" as a
cutting height then go for it. Otherwise, no one is really gonna notice if
you set it for a silly quarter inch higher.

--
Tom

Old 23-05-2005, 11:20 PM
billw

- Tom - wrote:
"billw" wrote in message

Hi all:

I am used to a std 3" cut on my lawn with no bagging.

I just purchased a new walk behind, Toro with cutting heights as follows:

3.25"

3.75

4.25

Should I cut my grass at higher levels now and what would be the reason,

tks all

bill

Yes. The reason is because 3.00" is not included as a possible cutting
height.

If you can make a simple modification to the mower to get 3.00" as a
cutting height then go for it. Otherwise, no one is really gonna notice if
you set it for a silly quarter inch higher.

--
Tom

tks Tom, I should have made it clearer. my concern is for the cutting
heights over 3.25, will it help the lawn or not. I am not concerned
about the 3.25, thats OK

tks for input

bill
Old 25-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Rolling Thunder

On Mon, 23 May 2005 22:20:05 GMT, billw wrote:

snip:

tks Tom, I should have made it clearer. my concern is for the cutting
heights over 3.25, will it help the lawn or not. I am not concerned
about the 3.25, thats OK

tks for input

bill

For tall fescue, set height to 3 1/2" and cut when grass height is
6".

Thunder
Old 26-05-2005, 12:43 AM
joe

Rolling Thunder wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2005 22:20:05 GMT, billw wrote:

snip:

tks Tom, I should have made it clearer. my concern is for the cutting
heights over 3.25, will it help the lawn or not. I am not concerned
about the 3.25, thats OK

tks for input

bill

For tall fescue, set height to 3 1/2" and cut when grass height is
6".

Thunder

I am under the impression that one is not supposed to cut more than 1/3
of blade at a time.

Old 26-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Rolling Thunder

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:43:13 -0400, joe wrote:

Rolling Thunder wrote:

snip

For tall fescue, set height to 3 1/2" and cut when grass height is
6".

Thunder

I am under the impression that one is not supposed to cut more than 1/3
of blade at a time.

What's a 1/2 inch amongst friends?

Thunder
Old 26-05-2005, 06:11 PM
joe

Rolling Thunder wrote:

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:43:13 -0400, joe wrote:

Rolling Thunder wrote:

snip

For tall fescue, set height to 3 1/2" and cut when grass height is
6".

Thunder

I am under the impression that one is not supposed to cut more than 1/3
of blade at a time.

What's a 1/2 inch amongst friends?

Thunder

my wife thinks its alot.
Old 27-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Rolling Thunder

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:11:21 -0400, joe wrote:

Rolling Thunder wrote:

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:43:13 -0400, joe wrote:

Rolling Thunder wrote:

snip

For tall fescue, set height to 3 1/2" and cut when grass height is
6".

Thunder

I am under the impression that one is not supposed to cut more than 1/3
of blade at a time.

What's a 1/2 inch amongst friends?

Thunder

my wife thinks its alot.

LMAO

Thunder

Cutting height and re-seeding for a particular mix houser85 Lawns 5 03-06-2015 10:26 PM
Cutting height in hot climate. ceed Lawns 1 31-03-2006 05:07 AM
proper cutting height RB Lawns 10 12-05-2005 10:03 PM
Winter lawn cutting height? CathyLee Gardening 2 06-10-2003 06:02 PM
Uneven grass height after mowing with my new Toro Recycler??-Suggestions Please?? m olofson Lawns 8 02-10-2003 05:05 AM