Old 06-06-2005, 02:10 PM
donald

Default Grass tasseling

I live in wisconsin and have a lawn which I beleive is bluegrass and rye.
The lawn looks good but I lately the grass has started tasseling eventhough
the grass is no longer than 2 to 3 inches long. Is this normal or is there
something wrong? We have had quite a bit of rain but then we had a week long
dry spell, plus I mulch my grass rather than bag. I also weed and feed on a
regular basis.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Steveo

"donald" wrote:
I live in wisconsin and have a lawn which I beleive is bluegrass and rye.
The lawn looks good but I lately the grass has started tasseling
eventhough the grass is no longer than 2 to 3 inches long. Is this normal
or is there something wrong? We have had quite a bit of rain but then we
had a week long dry spell, plus I mulch my grass rather than bag. I also
weed and feed on a regular basis.

Thanks

If by tasseling you are saying there's seed at the tops of some of the
plants, you are describing the annual grasses in your lawn. Those plants
will die on their own soon and drop those tassels (seed). That seed will
germinate in the late summer, and that plants annual life cycle will start
all over again.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:18 PM
donald

That was exactly what is happening. I just wanted to make sure this is
normal.

Thanks for the info.