Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Default Cost of do-it-yourself irrigation ?

I'm reading the Ortho book about irrigation.
In terms of skill, looks like no real problem...just some hard work.

I'm wondering how much I should expect to spend for all the materials?
I have 1.75 acres.

A guy from my church owns a landscape company, and he gives me
"friend" prices on stuff. For example, I used to fertilize my lawn
throughout the season. He offered to do it for $85 per application.
That's less than what I paid for Scotts and did it myself!

The nextdoor neighbor with the same size lot gets charged $200 per
application.

Anyway, this landscape guy said he could install irrigation on my
property for "about $6000." I'm going to get a firm quote from him.

The quote I got from a different company last year was $10,000, over
$3000 of that was for labor. So I'm wondering if the "friend price"
of $6000 is what I would pay for materials, and then still worry about
screwing something up.