Old 29-04-2003, 12:45 AM
MAC

Default Wisteria "Amethyst Falls"

I asked about growing wisteria in this group a while back, and after
doing some research I settled on the above cultivar. It's non-invasive,
doesn't put out suckers, and has beautiful light-blue flowers. It grows
to 10-15 feet, unlike the Oriental varieties which can go more than 100.
It'll be growing on a swing frame made of 6x6 lumber, so its strength
shouldn't be a problem. I also planted it in a large pot with the bottom
cut out, just in case. Got it at Home Depot for 19.99.

MAC

http://davesgarden.com/fp.php?pid=491564

Old 29-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Anne Lurie

Okay, MAC, let us know how you're doing with the Wisteria in, say, October!

I just noticed that the runners from my Wisteria are coming out into the
lawn under the propane tank -- honestly, what is about propane tanks that
plants like, anyway? -- so it's time to get out the loppers!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh