Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Maryanne

Default Welcome again

Hello there! do I sense that life is srpinging once again? - I have watched
this group futiley for months now - you all bedded down for winter - welcom
back again!

--
Maryanne Gilbert

Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Anne Lurie

Hey, Maryanne!

Yes, I think that we may actually be springing back to life again --
although I don't consider that we "bed down for the winter" -- I,
personally, think of winter here in North Carolina as a breather & chance
for me to catch up with my reading & whatever.

OTOH, in New Zealand (where I assume you are based on email address), it's
the height of summer -- which is probably rather more pleasant than some
of our high-summer days.............and I bet one could do some flyfishing
in New Zealand this time of year, sigh.

Actually, I was rather pleased that I was able to be outside pruning back
wisteria "stranglers" and pear tree sprouts -- it was nearly 60 here
today, something that this Yankee gal *never* expects to find in January!
I did however notice a rather strange correlation, if I may call it that, of
my gardening activity & the local weather forecast: before I went out to
prune in the glorious sunshine on a beautiful Monday afternoon, snow had
been predicted for Thursday -- after I came back inside, the snow forecast
was suddenly for Tuesday (tomorrow)! How very droll!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC
USA
T'other side of the really *big* pond!

Old 01-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Arwen Long

Quick announcement: My first crocus peeked late last week. The second one
is barely poking out as of yesterday. I can't believe these crazy plants,
coming out at this time of year....
Arwen