Old 27-08-2003, 01:12 PM

Default Squirrels Eating My Tomatoes!

In article , Mark wrote:
The squirrels are eating what few tomatoes I am getting this season.

1,000 pardons if this gets asked every week! Google searching has
uncovered these suggestions;

- Spread moth balls around the garden (toxic active ingredient?)
- Rat poison (way too dangerous to pets)
- Plastic owl/snakes (seems like the rodents would catch on pretty
quickly)
- Christmas Tree ornaments
- Spray pepper sauce on the fruits

Just wondering if folks here have any methods that they are happy with.
Thanks much!

I generally plant more than I can use so I don't fuss about them or the
birds getting a few. Pepper spray is probably safest - just remember to
wash them first.

I gave up on corn though since they got 2 ears for every 1 I got.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.