Old 30-08-2003, 06:02 PM
MnGal

Default squirrels eating hibiscus

The squirrels are eating my hibiscus - leaves & flowers! The only way
I got them to stop was to spray the entire plants with pepper water!
Old 01-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Johnny Kuo

We've got at least one squirrel munching on hyacinths in the water garden.
That rodent was perced on the lip of the garden grabbing plants and eating
them! I wish I could use pepper spray on the plants, but somehow I think it
wouldn't be the best thing for the fish in the water garden. Squirrels have
become a menace in my garden.

m...

Old 02-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Susan H. Simko

Johnny Kuo wrote:

We've got at least one squirrel munching on hyacinths in the water garden.
That rodent was perced on the lip of the garden grabbing plants and eating
them! I wish I could use pepper spray on the plants, but somehow I think it
wouldn't be the best thing for the fish in the water garden. Squirrels have
become a menace in my garden.

So there are a use for all the baby water hyacinths I keep pulling out!
Wait'll the s.o. hears about this! *grin*

There are days when the s.o. comes out, glances at the pond, and remarks
that we need to thin the hyacinths which is usally when the s.o. notices
the huge pile of dripping wet hyacinths and water lettuce laying on the
ground next to the pond.

The s.o.'s parents and I have decided that next year, we're only going
to buy one hyacinth, one water lettuce, put 'em in a pond and wait a few
days. After that both of our ponds should have enough for stocking.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu