Old 03-06-2004, 07:15 PM
jr lack

Default Pond snails

I have a lot of pond snails grown up. I'd like to trade some of them for
some water plants/creatures if interested. Can sell some of them as well.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Anne Lurie

I'd like to trade my "pond snails" %*^*%*% from my garden too! I'm not sure
what it means, but I found two slugs floating in my teeny water garden the
other night.

I don't know what "water creatures" is JR is referencing (and I confess that
I'm asceered to find out!), but I'll happily give away any slugs I find --
unless my chessie/lab Contessa "Baby Doll" found them first and ate them!
(I love her dearly, but I learned two things when she was 12 weeks old: 1)
slugs are protein; and 2) Labs really *will* eat anything!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

m...

Old 04-06-2004, 02:13 PM
jr lack

People buy these pond snails at pet stores for about a quarter each upto a
couple of dollars each.

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
m...
I'd like to trade my "pond snails" %*^*%*% from my garden too! I'm not

sure
what it means, but I found two slugs floating in my teeny water garden the
other night.

I don't know what "water creatures" is JR is referencing (and I confess

that
I'm asceered to find out!), but I'll happily give away any slugs I

ind --
unless my chessie/lab Contessa "Baby Doll" found them first and ate them!
(I love her dearly, but I learned two things when she was 12 weeks old:

1)
slugs are protein; and 2) Labs really *will* eat anything!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

m...

Old 04-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Susan H. Simko

jr lack wrote:
I have a lot of pond snails grown up. I'd like to trade some of them for
some water plants/creatures if interested. Can sell some of them as well.

I have no need for snails as I have quite a few in my garden pond
already. However I can offer some pond plants. It's that time of year
when they're going wild. I have miniature water hyacinths that I can
spare a few of and I can also offer some clippings of parrot's feather;
*maybe* some watercress or floating hearts. Reason I'm not sure of the
latter two is because I just thinned the watercress last weekend (gave a
bout 3/4 of what I had to my in-laws for their pond) and I haven't
really looked at the structure of the floating hearts since I put it in
the pond two months ago.

Anyone want any toad tadpoles? *grin* We've got a *bunch* in various
stage of development. I took pictures yesterday of the little toadlets
that have matured and left the pond (about the size of my fingernail on
my smallest finger) but haven't had a chance to post them to my webshots
site yet. The little buggers are hopping around the yard and we're
trying hard not to step on them. They're so cute!!!

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu