Old 25-07-2004, 09:02 AM
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default To my Blueberry buddies

It looks like a short season this year, and a few less berries than usual,
because of the late hard frost killing some of the buds (I did put every
blanket and sheet in the house over the hedge and protected a lot of the
future fruit, though!)

But for now, I have lots of sweet juicy berries, organic, for my "regulars"
to come and pick.

My arthritis is worse again, so the deal will still be to pick twice as many
berries as you want, and leave half for me in payment.

I need them more than before, because my mother was diagnosed last fall with
Macular Degeneration, (she is 85), and since she hates kale (and is more
stubborn than I am if you can imagine that), blueberries are the best thing
available to slow the degeneration. I plan to send her a box of them via
priority mail every week this summer, as long as there are berries to pick.

My schedule is unusually hectic (I am starting a business and learning how
to spin), so Friday evenings and weekend afternoons will be the best bet,
but even in those time frames I am often busy, so you will have to contact
me to make specific arrangements in advance.

Please email me off the list for times and so forth. I don't always have
time to read my newsgroups, and may not see anything posted here.

laurie (Mother Mastiff)