Old 14-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Raleighgirl

Default dogwoods

My dogwood trees have shriveled leaves at the ends of branches.
At first I thought they were thirsty but now I notice some of the
other leaves have a white, dusty-looking material on them. Will
they survive? Should I treat the trees?
TY,
Raleighgirl

Old 14-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Beth Peace

Raleighgirl wrote:
My dogwood trees have shriveled leaves at the ends of branches.
At first I thought they were thirsty but now I notice some of the
other leaves have a white, dusty-looking material on them. Will
they survive? Should I treat the trees?
TY,
Raleighgirl

There are a couple good sites on diseases of Dogwood -
http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/plantdise...1/450-611.html, and
http://www.wwaytv3.com/global/story.asp?s=2293840 popped up. Sounds like
Powdery Mildew from the symptoms. I've heard a bit about a fungus that's
spreading and killing Dogwoods (probably Anthracnose) but since that causes
spots, you probably don't have that.

Old 14-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Raleighgirl

"Beth Peace" wrote in message
ink.net...
| Raleighgirl wrote:
| My dogwood trees have shriveled leaves at the ends of
branches.
| At first I thought they were thirsty but now I notice some of
the
| other leaves have a white, dusty-looking material on them.
Will
| they survive? Should I treat the trees?
| TY,
| Raleighgirl
|
| There are a couple good sites on diseases of Dogwood -
| http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/plantdise...1/450-611.html,
and
| http://www.wwaytv3.com/global/story.asp?s=2293840 popped up.
Sounds like
| Powdery Mildew from the symptoms. I've heard a bit about a
fungus that's
| spreading and killing Dogwoods (probably Anthracnose) but since
that causes
| spots, you probably don't have that.

Thanks Beth! Yep, it appears to be the dreaded Powdery Mildew!
O my, how to spray 15-20 ft tall dogwoods? Guess I'd better
learn quick. One more "chore" to do!
Raleighgirl

Old 22-06-2005, 01:22 PM

Orthro sells a tree sprayer it is yellow and has a qt size btl. you can
buyat Lowes or ace 15.00 will spray 15- 20 ft easy

Something damaging my red twig dogwoods Scott Lawns 8 23-03-2004 12:14 AM
Sick Dogwoods - Spray? Irwin Lawns 0 02-11-2003 01:22 PM
Advice on Red Twig Dogwoods Jerome Gardening 4 06-08-2003 05:42 PM
What's up with these Dogwoods? Chris S. Gardening 7 02-08-2003 11:02 PM
Dogwoods Looks Ugly This Year germ Gardening 3 11-05-2003 03:08 PM