Old 15-06-2005, 03:39 AM
ZeroWing

Default Creeping yellow yuck! What is it?

All,

I've got this disgusting neon-yellow fungus growing on my mulch. It's
also shown up on a rock or two (near mulch) and grown up the side of
my house (not far, from a patch on mulch). We get some every year, but
this year has been the worst.

What is this stuff? How do I keep it from coming back? Yeeuuchh!

- John
Old 15-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Raleighgirl

"ZeroWing" wrote in message
| All,
|
| I've got this disgusting neon-yellow fungus growing on my
mulch. It's
| also shown up on a rock or two (near mulch) and grown up the
side of
| my house (not far, from a patch on mulch). We get some every
year, but
| this year has been the worst.
|
| What is this stuff? How do I keep it from coming back?
Yeeuuchh!

| - John

For once I know the answer! It is dog vomit or puke fungus.
Harmless altho unsightly. See
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Den%26lr%3 D
Raleighgirl

Old 15-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Susan Hogarth

ZeroWing wrote:
All,

I've got this disgusting neon-yellow fungus growing on my mulch. It's
also shown up on a rock or two (near mulch) and grown up the side of
my house (not far, from a patch on mulch). We get some every year, but
this year has been the worst.

What is this stuff? How do I keep it from coming back? Yeeuuchh!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I love that stuff! We
used to have a nice patch of it at our place in Cary. Best thing about
that place

- Susan

Old 15-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Anne Lurie

John,

As another poster mentioned, it sounds like dog vomit fungus -- aptly
named, alas.

However, you probably want to get the stuff off your house -- my
understanding is that nearly *anything* on house siding can be a problem.
That said, I confess that I don't have any idea how you can get it off the
house. I'm not sure whether power washing is advisable here, since the last
thing you would want to do is force the fungus spores(?) into the siding.

For starters, if the mulch is right up against the house, I think raking it
away a bit might be helpful.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

Old 15-06-2005, 11:39 PM
?

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:35:42 GMT in Anne Lurie wrote:
John,

As another poster mentioned, it sounds like dog vomit fungus -- aptly
named, alas.

However, you probably want to get the stuff off your house -- my
understanding is that nearly *anything* on house siding can be a problem.
That said, I confess that I don't have any idea how you can get it off the
house. I'm not sure whether power washing is advisable here, since the last
thing you would want to do is force the fungus spores(?) into the siding.

I'd suggest using a low pressure spray or scrub brush to apply a
fungicide to the house before and after mechanical removal of the
fungus followed by additional fungicide applications approximately
ever 10 days until you're sure its gone.

Fungus mycorhyzae are probably throughout the siding, so you want to
disrupt the fruiting cycle until it's dead.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

Corn Yuck Mike Edible Gardening 1 04-08-2007 07:54 PM
yuck eeyore Orchids 7 18-06-2007 02:28 AM
Repeated infestations. Yuck. nblomgren Gardening 0 05-08-2003 11:02 PM
Yuck - smelly plants TomNavyRet Ponds 5 07-07-2003 02:46 AM
Need information on herbicide for Oxalis (yellow creeping wood sorrel) and potatoes sahara sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:24 PM