Old 28-04-2007, 03:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Acianthus fornicatus - 2 photos - 2 files [1/1]

There are plenty of leaves with quite a few buds, but we only found one
single open flower. It is early in the season, so if we get a bit of
rain, we should get plenty more flowers. These flowers are about 6mm
across so only small. Note the even smaller red spider on the labellum.

Graham Corbin

Old 28-04-2007, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Good to have some more people from QLD posting.

I agree with that. We Yanks wouldn't see many of these if you guys weren't
posting here.

Diana

Old 29-04-2007, 10:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Are you sure its not a tick, waiting for your blood, Graham?
Peter

No, I am not really sure, but I think it is a spider. I can't remember
ever having got a tick from the Mt Mee area, plenty from other places,
but not Mt Mee. Anyway, if it is a tick, it would be waiting for my wife
not me. She sticks to the tracks and still picks up plenty of ticks,
while I crash through the scrub and yet I rarely get them.

Graham Corbin

Old 29-04-2007, 01:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

It seems I've been ticked off! Democracy reigns here! Two against one.
Defeated.
LOL
Peter

--
)
"Kye" wrote in message
The body is wrong for a tick. This looks more like a red mite or spider
too me.

Kye.

"Graham Corbin" wrote in message
. net...
Are you sure its not a tick, waiting for your blood, Graham?
Peter

No, I am not really sure, but I think it is a spider. I can't remember
ever having got a tick from the Mt Mee area, plenty from other places,
but not Mt Mee. Anyway, if it is a tick, it would be waiting for my wife
not me. She sticks to the tracks and still picks up plenty of ticks,
while I crash through the scrub and yet I rarely get them.

Graham Corbin

Rate This Thread: