Old 12-08-2007, 05:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Online Gallery

Eric

Pleased to see you are still visiting this newsgroup. I have been enjoying
your non orchid photos on Flickr and thanks for posting the ones you took in
Kuching with my camera!! I was wondering what to do with those.

I sent the pirates an e-mail asking them to at least acknowledge my efforts
if they want to use my photos but have not received a reply. Am I
surprised?!

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
John,

Nah, see my other post for why I've not been around.

Photo piracy, like Music and Video piracy, is a fact of life, and while I
police it when and where I find it, I'm going to continue posting. Too
many people benefit from all of our work and time in documenting the rich
plant life on this planet for thieves to stop that. Of course, everyone
has to make that decision for themselves.

I'll check out that site and if I think a nicely composed email outlining
what can happen to those who use photos without permission will be useful,
I'll send it.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
starting to question whether I will continue to post to usenet. I note
that Eric has stopped posting here.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Web Pages and Gallery Jim Lewis Bonsai 18 22-06-2011 07:11 PM
[IBC] IBC Photo Gallery kaflooie David J. Bockman Bonsai 0 19-03-2003 06:32 PM
Gallery Donald Veasey Bonsai 0 28-02-2003 01:34 AM
Tally OS Feb 2003 Show Table Gallery On-line! Prem Subrahmanyam Gardening 2 07-02-2003 08:12 PM
Tally OS Feb 2003 Show Table Gallery On-line! Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 2 07-02-2003 08:12 PM