Old 08-11-2007, 08:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Thick-lip Spider-orchid (new)

A new species for me from the weekend, someone in the group found a colony
of these Thick-lip Spider-orchids (Arachnorchis/Caladenia tesselata). This
is a pale, almost albino form.

--
http://photos.rnr.id.au/2007/11/03/

Attached Thumbnails
Thick-lip Spider-orchid (new)-arachnorchis_tessellata_orbost071103-5035.jpg

Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Is it? Thanks - but can you explain why its a good photo? To me its just a
photo - I don't understand the art side of things so I just take photos.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well now, since I just point & click with my Sony, I really don't know about
the technical
wording & jargon that goes on about photography?
I say it is superb because of the clarity, it looks three dimensional,
shows off the
subject really well. I looks like something out of National Geographic.
Cheers Wendy

Old 10-11-2007, 09:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks Wendy, when you said 3D I thought about depth-of-field. I have been
experimenting lately with that but not with this image, I just pointed and
shot.

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news
I say it is superb because of the clarity, it looks three dimensional,
shows off the
subject really well. I looks like something out of National Geographic.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Garden spider (warning: contains spider) Mad Cow Garden Photos 1 28-09-2012 11:45 AM
Ah! Spider! BIG Spider! The Ranger Edible Gardening 9 01-09-2005 03:20 AM
Lip closeup - Laelia autumnalis Eric Hunt Orchids 0 11-01-2005 05:37 PM
Phal. Hilo Lip J Fortuna Orchids 10 15-03-2004 02:05 AM
Phal. Hilo Lip J Fortuna Orchids 0 10-03-2004 02:40 AM