Old 16-11-2007, 11:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default help

Hey guys
I need some more help. Someone gave me 3 plants that she said were orchids. They look to me as if they have tubers like canna lillies or forget-me-nots. She bought them in Hawaii. I made a guess that they might be Bamboo orchids. She was growing them in dirt and I said "oh no." Can someone print me a picture and tell me the culture of bamboo orchids. I can send a picture of the little plants if necessary.

thanks

wayne rohrer

Old 17-11-2007, 11:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Pics would indeed help a lot. But if they are actually what I'm guessing you think they are (Arundina graminafolia, IIRC, aka Bamboo Orchids), they are terrestrials, so the dirt wouldn't be an "oh, no." Beyond that, best I can suggest is a Google search on Arundina (not sure I spelled the species name correctly, including "gram" might help). Kenni
"wayne rohrer" wrote in message om...
Hey guys
I need some more help. Someone gave me 3 plants that she said were orchids. They look to me as if they have tubers like canna lillies or forget-me-nots. She bought them in Hawaii. I made a guess that they might be Bamboo orchids. She was growing them in dirt and I said "oh no." Can someone print me a picture and tell me the culture of bamboo orchids. I can send a picture of the little plants if necessary.

thanks

wayne rohrer

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM