Old 26-12-2007, 04:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default New Camera, New Phal, Name???

The wife surprised me with a new phal and a new camera. Unfortunately, the
name of the phal is nowhere to be seen.

Anyone recognize this and can give me a name.

Thanks

Vito

Attached Thumbnails
New Camera, New Phal, Name???-100_0007.jpg
Old 26-12-2007, 05:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Vito

Congratulations on your new camera and orchid. Unfortunately I can't help
you with name of your orchid as it is a complex hybrid and could be anything
but others on this group may be able to give some suggestions as to what it
might be..

Small request when posting to this group. Please downsize your photos to
manageable KBs as per attached. Makes life easier for everyone when
downloading and viewing.

Cheers and look forward to more postings as you acquire more orchids.

John

Old 26-12-2007, 05:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks for your reply and suggestion about photo size. That could be a
problem that one of my photos failed to post... too large.

My wife got the phal at Normans (Orchid.com). His nursery is about 3 miles
from where I live. I went to his web site and did a search on all orchids
currently in bloom. I think I found out what it is: Phal Jungle Cat,
"bloody mary". Cross between P. Golden Spice and P. Hawaiian Pinstripe

I need to do something to adjust the color on my photos. The true color of
the orchid is more of a tomato red on a yellow background. In the photo the
yellow background looks white. The following is the URL to the reference to
this plant at Norman's web site.
http://www.orchids.com/shop/shopCatR...s=phalaenopsis

Looks like I have lots of things to learn with this hobby.

Thanks for your reply.

Vito

om...

Old 27-12-2007, 09:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:07:05 -0800, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Just call Norman's up and ask. Or bring it over & show it to them.

K Barrett

As for the original photos. The attachment opened for me, the
imbedded one did not show up. Sometimes the imbedded get lost because
the open below any conversation (typed comments) and if the post has
several reply's before the picture is added that can be a large
disconnect. Generally size does matter in these things and we can
only hope you will keep posting and keep us updated on your new
adventure with orchids and photography.

Lovely Phal. Hope you get it identified by Norman's.

SuE

Rate This Thread: