Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Dendrobium fleckeri

A plant from the rainforest mountains of North Queensland. It only had two
flowers, & I'm probably lucky to have got those.They were at most about 1"
across - a far cry from the much larger flowers I saw in the wild on Mt lewis
last year.
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
Dendrobium fleckeri-den-fleckeri-01.jpg   Dendrobium fleckeri-den-fleckeri-02.jpg

Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:47:52 -0800, Dave Gillingham wrote
(in article ):

A plant from the rainforest mountains of North Queensland. It only had two
flowers, & I'm probably lucky to have got those.They were at most about 1"
across - a far cry from the much larger flowers I saw in the wild on Mt lewis
last year.
Dave Gillingham

Great series. I want one of everything!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 12-01-2008, 11:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Dave

Check this out!! http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/tags/dendrobium/

Doesn't take long to get plagiarized these days!

Old 13-01-2008, 03:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I guess the only saving grace is that they acknowledge where they pilfered it
all from.

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:59:31 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

That site picks up our posts from abpo and rgo. Ain't nuthin' sacred
anymore!

Diana

om...

Old 13-01-2008, 03:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks, John. In fact this specimen came from down your way - the Australian
Orchid Nursery at Tyabb.

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 23:41:34 +1100, "John Varigos"
wrote:

Beautiful species Dave. Nicely captured. Mine is yet to bloom but can't now
I have seen yours.

Cheers

John

.. .

Old 13-01-2008, 03:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

So do I, Diana. Interestingly, I have another plant bought as fleckeri - white
blooms. That's OK, fleckeri can vary in colour. But a smooth lip! I'm
guessing it's D. adae, a near relative.

Old 13-01-2008, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:10:07 -0800, tbell wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:47:52 -0800, Dave Gillingham wrote
(in article ):

A plant from the rainforest mountains of North Queensland. It only had two
flowers, & I'm probably lucky to have got those.They were at most about 1"
across - a far cry from the much larger flowers I saw in the wild on Mt lewis
last year.
Dave Gillingham

Great series. I want one of everything!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Thanks very much, Tom. Glad you liked them.
Dave Gillingham

Old 13-01-2008, 06:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Actually, John, I probably would. I've lusted after fleckeri & found nobody
else who sells plants of it.

Old 13-01-2008, 05:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Good thinking & logic Steve, must remember to tell a friend as they can't
get News Groups? (don't know the reason)
Cheers Wendy
"Steve" wrote in message
I was just looking, and I see they faithfully picked up the comments about
being plagiarized too. Actually, its a good service. We post things here
wanting people to see our pictures and comments. Garden Banter simply picks
garden related newsgroups and makes them available to people who who don't
know enough to be able to use newsgroups as intended, or, to people who
don't have newsgroups available through their ISP. Kind of like what Google
groups does except that Garden Banter does pictures too.
Hey, I might use it if I ever get into a situation where my ISP doesn't
provide newsgroups and I would have to pay to get them.

Steve

wrote:

[...]

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Dendrobium Judith - Dendrobium Judith-a.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 1 11-03-2013 01:42 PM
Dendrobium monophyllum - cute small yellow dendrobium Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 3 03-01-2007 08:59 AM
Dendrobium johannis - lovely rich brown antelope dendrobium Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 02-01-2007 06:26 AM
What is a Dendrobium? Andrew Orchids 18 14-02-2003 03:39 AM
Dendrobium himezakura sanokku Ted Byers Orchids 10 10-02-2003 05:26 PM