Old 14-01-2008, 10:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Dreary day surprise

About 18 months from flask.... Phrag Sherman's March in a 3" s/h pot

Attached Thumbnails
Dreary day surprise-phrag_shermans_march_plt.jpg   Dreary day surprise-phrag_shermans_march.jpg
Old 15-01-2008, 01:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

What a pretty thing, Ray! That's pretty fast, isn't it? Not having the
patience (or the space) for flasks, I will never experience that particular
joy.......

Diana

Old 15-01-2008, 10:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Tennis, it went straight from flask to individual 3" s/h pots, and from that
moment on it was treated just like all the other plants in the greenhouse,
including being watered with 125 ppm N of the Greencare Orchid Special for
RO Water ("MSU") at every watering.

"tenman" wrote in message
Ray B wrote:
About 18 months from flask.... Phrag Sherman's March in a 3" s/h pot

Very nice, Ray - and very young. Can you detail for us the time frame of
moving the plant out of flask (into a compot?) and into semi-hydro and the
steps you took at what stages of growth? I'm just beginning to experiment.

Thanks,

Tennis

Old 15-01-2008, 05:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Good going & growing Ray, I have a phrag in bud at the moment which was
going down hill so I experimented
with your Semi Hydro, along with some other struggling artists. They seem to
be picking up as well.
Cheers Wendy

Old 15-01-2008, 05:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"Ray B" wrote in message
About 18 months from flask.... Phrag Sherman's March in a 3" s/h pot

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Hello from a dreary Derbyshire M Froggatt United Kingdom 1 01-06-2010 10:34 PM
A pleasant surprise Carl Koop Ponds 6 05-06-2003 12:21 AM
Surprise, surprise Zemedelec Gardening 1 30-03-2003 01:20 PM
Acuba Picturata a pleasant surprise! Little Badger United Kingdom 0 25-03-2003 08:20 PM