Old 31-01-2008, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Peloric or Not. . . . Again!

Last try.
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Peloric or Not. . . . Again!-l-anceps-chamberlainiana2043-01642.jpg   Peloric or Not. . . . Again!-laelia-anceps-flower.jpg
Old 31-01-2008, 10:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

The top picture is not, but the other one is, although I must say it's not a
particularly appealing one to me.

"tenman" wrote in message
Wendy7 wrote:
Last try.
Cheers Wendy

Yes, I would say his is peloric. The dark petals are mimicking the lip
even to the yellow center splotch.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yep, sorry about the quality of the photo - pretty poor I'm afraid. The
plant was bought at Solihull Orchid Society's (UK) annual members
auction in about November 05 for the equivalent of a couple of dollars.
Being fairly new to growing orchids and wanting to increase my stock
(and make the plant more attractive) I made the mistake of splitting it
into two the following spring and fed and watered it throughout 06 but
it did not flower. Still learning, during 07 I kept one plant in the bay
window of a warm room which gets sunlight until about noon, the other in
a conservatory which gets very hot in summer but cold in winter. Both
plants started to send out spikes late last late autumn, the bay window
plant going on to give two flowers but the conservatory plant failed to
develop its spike. Whilst the flowers on the bay window plant were
pretty, they were much smaller than I expected, so if I can get it to
re-flower next year it will be interesting to see what it looks like.

Peter

In message oNroj.7158$z_6.3138@trnddc06, Ray B
writes

--
Peter Cliff
Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Wendy - Hmmm, yours is much prettier than mine!

Peter
--
Peter Cliff
Old 02-02-2008, 05:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

No worries Peter, mine is also stunted. We shall wait til next year &
compare again. I would hang on to
both pieces of your plant.
Also my apologies I should have mentioned to the group that you had said
that you thought the appearance was
due to culture & situation etc.
Cheers Wendy
"Peter Cliff" wrote in message

Hi Wendy - Hmmm, yours is much prettier than mine!

Peter
--
Peter Cliff

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Peloric or not? Wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 30-01-2008 09:00 PM
peloric or not peloric that is the question J Fortuna Orchids 3 17-10-2004 04:50 AM
peloric or not peloric that is the question J Fortuna Orchids 0 17-10-2004 04:28 AM
Dtps. Glenayle 'Amour Rojo' Peloric Gene Schurg Orchids 3 12-02-2003 04:55 PM