Old 26-03-2008, 01:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Phal Millie's Pure Heart - millie1.jpg (1/1)

at least i'm pretty sure that's the registered name.... one of al's.
fist time bloom. siblings that i've seen pics of have been purple; he
says some are red. this one decided to go all funky--and with two
spikes yet.

--j_a

Attached Thumbnails
Phal Millie's Pure Heart - millie1.jpg (1/1)-millie1.jpg
Old 26-03-2008, 01:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

That's the registered name.
The parents are Phal (Hilo Lip x Su An Cricket )
(Purple with white lip x yellow with white lip )
I wanted to make a flower that was red with a white lip. One way that may
be accomplished with Phals is to overlay a purple pigment on top of deep
tissue yellow.
Some offspring are a cherry red/purple, others more purple. There are a few
of these that aren't sure what color to be. Most have the white lip but a
few have colored markings creeping back into lip.
This link still on the website shows both parents and two other offspring.
My computer inventory shows I have about a dozen of these left. But there
were many 4 and 5 inch pot Phals lost over the weekend and I have not done
an inventory yet of what is left. I know I sat aside a few on my "keep"
bench in case I ever decided to go another generation into the idea of red
flower white lip breeding...and this group made it to Pat's greenhouse.
http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web0913.htm

Cause and Origin investigator has been here for an hour and a half picking
though the rubble and photographing everything. He has ruled out the one
fixture everybody else has pointed to and thinks it was one of the fixtures
on the lower bench, but these are under a lot of charred rubble and must be
dug out.

Old 26-03-2008, 08:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Janet, pretty Phal for sure!

Al, I keep thinking of some of the wonderful keepers you've presented here.
I can picture some of them in my mind. I know I'm not the only one, friend.

Diana

Old 26-03-2008, 11:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

interesting how they really take after the pollen parent for the shape.
i'm glad the keepers made it.

--j_a

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Vandaenopsis Millie's Blue Heaven K Barrett Orchids 1 14-07-2005 02:14 PM
[IBC] Pure Gold in your magazine rack.... or maybe not. richard patefield Bonsai 0 26-03-2004 05:11 PM
Another J&P veteran (was Pure Poetry) Mark. Gooley Roses 5 26-11-2003 07:02 PM
Pure Poetry Sam Bass Roses 4 25-11-2003 12:02 AM
Spetracide Stump Remover-- pure K2NO3? BruceKGeist Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:10 AM