Old 10-05-2008, 05:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Off Topic Flower

Epiphyllum magic.
Just thought you may want to see this.
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Off Topic Flower-epiphyllums-redfuschiadsc02088.jpg
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I have one of these blooming now too - first time blooming I didn't know
what it was tho - thanks!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

What glorious colour!

On Fri, 9 May 2008 21:41:02 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Epiphyllum magic.
Just thought you may want to see this.
Cheers Wendy

Dave Gillingham
Old 11-05-2008, 09:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks Dave it is amazing just wish they would last longer than a couple of
days. Amazingly the colour is
exact yet when taking shots of orchids that are magenta, fuschia or burgandy
they have to be adjusted.
Cheers Wendy

Old 12-05-2008, 12:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy, that is an excellent point. We've taken pix of red roses, hibiscus,
etc, and the color is true. Yet just try to get that burgundy orchid right!
I wonder if it is because the hibiscus, or rose, is a clearer red.

Photogs? What say you?

Diana

Old 12-05-2008, 10:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

It has as much to do with the camera's sensor/processor and their response
to different wavelengths, as anything, but lighting can play a role, as
well.

I just recently sold my old Canon D30 - one of the original digital SLR's -
and replaced it with the new XSi. In addition to the obvious increase from
3- to 12 MP, it's faster and the color rendition is almost perfect right out
of the box.

You remember a few days ago I posted a picture of Christieara Sharifa
Alsigoff with sort-of dark pink/a tiny bit purplish flowers? That's the
as-is, true color, while with the old camera it was more blue!

Old 14-05-2008, 04:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yes you are correct Jerry & also by the way, the Night Blooming Cereus, is
the species
Epiphyllum oxypetalum.
Cheers Wendy

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks Dave it is amazing just wish they would last longer than a couple
of days. Amazingly the colour is
exact yet when taking shots of orchids that are magenta, fuschia or
burgandy they have to be adjusted.
Cheers Wendy
"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
What glorious colour!

On Fri, 9 May 2008 21:41:02 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Epiphyllum magic.
Just thought you may want to see this.
Cheers Wendy
Dave Gillingham