Old 01-06-2008, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Phrag Don Wimber

I don't think this one has a clonal name. One of Barbara's plants

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
Phrag Don Wimber-dsc00129.jpg
Old 01-06-2008, 06:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Don Wimber is the loveliest color. Nice photo.

Diana

. ..

Old 01-06-2008, 09:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

In article ,
"K Barrett" wrote:

I don't think this one has a clonal name. One of Barbara's plants

K Barrett

begin 666 DSC00129.JPG
[Image]

end

what's that planted in? i have a jason fischer in s/h that is sitting
doing *nothing.* i'm thinking of giving it a few more months and then
putting it back in bark.

--j_a

Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 20:02:47 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

Mine are in bark, and not standing in water. YMMV.

K Barrett

"unknown" wrote in message
In article ,
"K Barrett" wrote:

I don't think this one has a clonal name. One of Barbara's plants

K Barrett

begin 666 DSC00129.JPG
[Image]

end

what's that planted in? i have a jason fischer in s/h that is sitting
doing *nothing.* i'm thinking of giving it a few more months and then
putting it back in bark.

--j_a

I have two phrags growing very well in S/H. They're not "standing in water,"
Kath - the LECA medium is wicking up water from a small reservoir, which the
roots may invade if they choose!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 02-06-2008, 10:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 20:02:47 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

Mine are in bark, and not standing in water. YMMV.

K Barrett

"unknown" wrote in message
In article ,
"K Barrett" wrote:

I don't think this one has a clonal name. One of Barbara's plants

K Barrett

begin 666 DSC00129.JPG
[Image]

end

what's that planted in? i have a jason fischer in s/h that is sitting
doing *nothing.* i'm thinking of giving it a few more months and then
putting it back in bark.

--j_a

I have two phrags growing very well in S/H. They're not "standing in
water,"
Kath - the LECA medium is wicking up water from a small reservoir, which
the
roots may invade if they choose!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Some people put theirs in bark and then stand them in 1/2" of water. That's
what I meant. Not that s/h didn't have a reservoir. Sorry

Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered User

Some people put theirs in bark and then stand them in 1/2" of water. That's what I meant. Not that s/h didn't have a reservoir. Sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~

yeah, my first phrag started out that way; grew its roots down into the dish. i took that as a hint. it's doing well in s/h now.

maybe i'll try the drier bark method with the JF in a few months.

--j_a
Old 03-06-2008, 08:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"jankey" wrote in message

Some people put theirs in bark and then stand them in 1/2" of water.
That's what I meant. Not that s/h didn't have a reservoir. Sorry

yeah, my first phrag started out that way; grew its roots down into the
dish. i took that as a hint. it's doing well in s/h now.

maybe i'll try the drier bark method with the JF in a few months.

--j_a

Maybe its just sulking and will start to grow next season.

Rate This Thread: