Old 06-06-2008, 09:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Tim Tim is offline

Default Phaiocalanthe Kryptonite 'Chariots of Fire'

A couple of images of Phaiocalanthe Kryptonite 'Chariots of Fire' from March of this year...

Old 06-06-2008, 09:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

What an interesting cross. Very pretty!

Diana

. ..

Old 07-06-2008, 12:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:21:52 -0700, Tim wrote
(in article ):

A couple of images of Phaiocalanthe Kryptonite 'Chariots of Fire' from March
of this year...

Beautiful! Mine has never bloomed that luxuriantly or profusely, and several
leaf tips have been rendered lacelike by some critter I can't see.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 07-06-2008, 03:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Tim wrote:
A couple of images of Phaiocalanthe Kryptonite 'Chariots of Fire' from
March of this year...

Very nice! It looks to be a large, healthy plant. Can you tell us how
its grown (medium, watering, light, temps, etc.)?
Old 07-06-2008, 04:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Tim Tim is offline

Thanks for the compliments Diana, Tom and Tenman! I think the reason it looks so lush is that I have a Brassia that's in urgent need of dividing behind it! It's growing in sphagnum moss, haven't repotted it since I received it from EFG Orchids in October/Novermber '07. In January three spikes started and three more the end of February. In March it began blooming like mad and just finished about two weeks ago. I'm very pleased with it, though when it comes time to repot I'm thinking a fine, seedling mix; will make the decision when I have to. In the winter it sat just inside the screen door (southerly direction) on the back porch, where it received direct sunlight from about 10:00am to may 3:00pm. I have it outside now setting just outside the pvc shade frame I made with 50% shade netting. I fertilize it with Jack's Classic AP 20-20-20 for three weeks and the fourth week Jack's BloomBuster (essentially the fertilizer I have left over when Vanda's and Epi's are fertilized). The summer rate is 1tsp per gallon; in the winter I use either ¼ to ½ tsp per gallon - I watch my plants for signs of fertilizer burning, etc. so I can adjust/dilute if I need to.

Thanks again!

Tim

"tenman" wrote in message news:08GdnSZ49p8sbNTVnZ2dnUVZ_h3inZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
Tim wrote:
A couple of images of Phaiocalanthe Kryptonite 'Chariots of Fire' from
March of this year...

Very nice! It looks to be a large, healthy plant. Can you tell us how
its grown (medium, watering, light, temps, etc.)?

Rate This Thread: